Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone. Every week i see quite a few posts from people who are struggling to post pics. I spent 30 min today trying to figure it out through the stickie post and still couldn't get it. II. Also tried the image tags too. thought maybee someone would be willing to post a youtube video of how they do it.
Thanks mike
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [tryguy67] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tryguy67 wrote:
Hi everyone. Every week i see quite a few posts from people who are struggling to post pics. I spent 30 min today trying to figure it out through the stickie post and still couldn't get it. II. Also tried the image tags too. thought maybee someone would be willing to post a youtube video of how they do it.
Thanks mike

Here's a video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oJvhNsL4UE

The site I used was for the IMG Code was http://www.tinypic.com.

I hope that helps,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [tryguy67] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What many people fail to realize is that you need a site to host the pictures. You first have to upload the picture to said website (I use my gmail/google+). Once uploaded, typically you just right click on the image on said website and copy the image url. Then paste into the forum

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I upload my pictures onto my computer, then onto Photobucket and then left click the IMG option, then go into a post I am making in Slowtwitch and right click Paste the IMG link.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a video for you. The image was innocent but the video ended up being pretty explicit. X rated for sure. I couldnt get it passed the mods.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've found the easiest way for me:

Go to tinypic.com
Upload your picture to tinypic
Copy the link for "forum" from the tinypic site
Paste the tinypic link into your slowtwitch post
The picture should then appear in the ST post as a picture and not a link.

The bottom line with the ST forum is that pictures need to be hosted on another site. Alot of forums host pictures on their own site, making it a little easier to post pictures into a forum thread.
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you thank you. I was getting hung up on the add in tiny pic and not hitting refresh. Thanks again This needs to be a part of the stickey on how to post pics. Took me about a min after watching the video.

Thanks to everyone else too for your help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good idea. I've struggled with this too. Will anybody shoot me if I use this thread to give it a practice shot? Here goes.....

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Is the 'give it a practice shot' an attempt at humor linked to the pic? If so, it's fricken hilarious given the picture.
2. You should post this pic in the 'Worst Bike Setup' or one of the aero threads.

thechromedome wrote:
Good idea. I've struggled with this too. Will anybody shoot me if I use this thread to give it a practice shot? Here goes.....

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just copy/paste
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a question for those who may know..Why do we have to go through a photo hosting site to post pics on the main forum but can just upload from our computer in the "We Noticed" section here on ST?

---
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because slowtwitch is happy to give you free space and image hosting in the one case and not the other.

aside from the cost/hassle which might be relatively minor these days, there are probably a lot of legal considerations, and somebody would have to go through checking/deleting illegal image content all the time.

Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Just a question for those who may know..Why do we have to go through a photo hosting site to post pics on the main forum but can just upload from our computer in the "We Noticed" section here on ST?

---

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just something I saw while having my morning cup of coffee. No really, Firsst succesful photo post.

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um what sites do you go to when having coffee?
Actually, i can see why there i s a lot of confusion. The sticky post in the classified section tells you to use a button that doesn't exist when you are replying. It tells you to use the 4th option in tiny pics when you use the 2nd . And tinypic uses an add and if you don't hit refresh you get the wrong message to type in. Tiny pic is not very tablet friendly either.
Much easier on bt. However we usually need a little more help over there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this work?

Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [karbon phiber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I just copy/paste

Do you mean copy/paste once its already downloaded to tinypic? I didn't think ST enabled direct copy/paste.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tryguy67 wrote:
Thanks mike

1. Upload to an account on photobucket. Below the pic is a link that says "img".
2. Click on it, it's automatically saved to the clipboard.
3. Come here, cut/paste.

If you want to link a picture from the web, right click on the pic and say "View image", then copy the URL, and use the picture link (That little square of with the pic of a mountain on it at the top when composing a post), paste in URL.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: would someone be willing to post a vid of how they post pics [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devlin wrote:
John

Driven by:
Accelerate3 |

ewww, dirty. Don't post a pic of Brian's bare ass.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.â€
Quote Reply