Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wonderful memories
Quote | Reply
i was just thinking back to when i was 15 and started bike racing in the late 80's and my old specailized sirrus came back to my mind. i loved that bike. was it the best i ever owned, no but it was the first 'racing bike' i owned. god what a great bike.

what about you? what bike, racing or not, did you love most in your life?

just to make tom d and some others wince. my last bike was a 2000 lemond alp d'uez. i loved that aeroluminum (spelling?). having stuck with traditional euro bike set up all my life i made it into a 'tri bike' by throwing a pair of scott dh clip ons on and slamed the saddle all the way forward. i liked it. didn't know better. miss that bike too.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: ultra-poser: Apr 17, 03 14:12
Quote Reply
Re: wonderful memories [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my college days ('93 to '97), I rode a nuclear green 1987 64 cm Cannondale! It was way too big. I should have been riding a 54 cm. But it was a huge improvement over my Cyclepro with the coaster brakes and my Dad's Schwinn LeTour that I raced on. I would throw some aerobars on there and felt stretched out like Superman.
Quote Reply
Re: wonderful memories [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine would be the first frame i built in 1987,a funny bike that i have done two USCF nationals on and three Gulf coast tri relays and countless time trials,still have it just do not ride it enough, plus still riding with the first stem i ever made ten years later.Randall
Quote Reply
Re: wonderful memories [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thinking back it wasn't the sirrus that made me feel like a racer,it was the pedals. i swaped the toe clips for a pair of first run looks i bought from the shop owner. we spent all day guessamating the cleat postion then drilling the holes into my lace up adidas shoes. i thought i was greg lemond with those.

damn i'm getting old. i'm only 30 and i'm having fond momories about a bad fitting pair of adidas and pedals that i could never feel comfortable in.

i miss riding.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply