Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

winter 'camp'
Quote | Reply
anyone care to train a little bit in the desert? if anyone is in that area...wouldn't mind having training buddies as my regular training pal isn't here....
will be there from dec 13th to dec. 20th and maybe up to the 22nd
Quote Reply
Re: winter 'camp' [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
anyone care to train a little bit in the desert? if anyone is in that area...wouldn't mind having training buddies as my regular training pal isn't here....
will be there from dec 13th to dec. 20th and maybe up to the 22nd
Desert is a little vague, eh?
Quote Reply
Re: winter 'camp' [AndrogynousMind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
palm spring, ca.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be up for some rides then. PS is a 90 minute drive for me. We could meet up in Borrego Springs also. You could take a ride on two of the big 4 climbs that we have in San Diego Co. I've got a 75 mile ride that goes up Montezuma (11 mile long climb) and Banner Grade (another 11 mile climb) all in the first half of the ride, about 10,000 feet of climbing in 40 miles. Then comes back through Yaqui Pass. We could also take in Palomar on another ride.

Are you driving? I might be heading to Las Cruces about the time you are heading home, we could convoy.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the vicinity, but just the opposite direction as Mike. I'd be up for something like the 40 miler Mike said, or just about anything really. Although, if you only want to train in Palm Springs, and all the roads are as chopped up as the ones in the Desert Princess race I might have to consider passing.
Last edited by: AndrogynousMind: Nov 16, 04 5:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois,

In the past my "winter training camp" was a week of cross-country skiing at altitude at Silverstar in BC. We would skate or classic ski for 20 - 50K a day for 5 - 7 days and be absolutly waxed at the end of the week. Awesome fitness builder. Made cycling in the spring seem like a piece of cake.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i might be willing to drive over for a day or two. I could use the change of scenery for riding. I'm heading on vacation for the rest of the year hopefully the 17th or so.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: winter 'camp' [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
feel free to crash at the home we've rented. if you want to stay a bit longer, no problem, you're welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
but the real question is...can I bring my mutts?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Howdy all,

will arrive in Palm Desert dec.13th in the afternoon. will have access to my email.
will stay until dec. 21st.
feel free to shoot an email if you're going to be around

francois dot modave at gmail dot com
Quote Reply