Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
who beat sebi today?
Quote | Reply
I haven't heard his name before, whats his story, I'm guessing he races in Europe and was already super solid and i just never noticed?
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just gonna leave this here.... pretty sure it stirred up some discussion last time! Around the 2:55 minute mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aItfgKqDUQ
Last edited by: kerikstri: Sep 5, 20 15:52
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [kerikstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a tool! My new least favorite pro triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [crujones#33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In All fairness, he did not do that today guess he learned
There was a thread on here some months aago where I listed him as one of the up and commings. There is a bunch of really strong Danish male athletes entering the scene atm.
The product of the elite Tri program in DK.
Front pack swim (where he also was in Kona), solid bike and run.
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh totally and I'm pretty sure that was his first Ironman win as a pro too... so he was probably overly pumped on adrenaline and just didn't think everything through. He probably doesn't even remember exactly what he did at the finish line. I actually kinda of like seeing the raw emotion and excitement!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed. See winner of Pro Men at Gdynia 70.3.

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crujones#33 wrote:

SMH. So football (European and American), hockey and many other team sports, celebrations are loved. But we shake our heads in Tri when a guy wins his first race and does a little bit overtop the celebration. I for one would love to see people bring some more personality to the table and add a little fun. It’s critiques like this that only adds to the perception that triathlon is full of douches.
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [T2LV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T2LV wrote:
crujones#33 wrote:

SMH. So football (European and American), hockey and many other team sports, celebrations are loved.

Not universally, and if they were as over the top as the one in the link they would be looked down on as well.
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its awesome, probably one of the most honest open celebrations.

Ive said it before, triathlon definately needs a intercontinental 70.3 and 140.4 championship title belts and prerace interviews with Mean Gene.

To be fair that atmosphere at Austria finishline looked electric.... DJ, amped commentator, Cheerleaders, laser lights, confetti, flags and pom poms, searching spotlights, stadium seating.... Pretty hyped already.... Junior probably got swept up
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
T2LV wrote:
crujones#33 wrote:

SMH. So football (European and American), hockey and many other team sports, celebrations are loved.

Not universally, and if they were as over the top as the one in the link they would be looked down on as well.

I second the tool comment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is that any different than Daniella Ryf punching the tape or Frodo slamming it down on the ground? Guy won an Ironman race, relax a bit.
Last edited by: stevesimpson: Sep 6, 20 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [stevesimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celebrating is fine that just seemed a little over the top like a little bit of me me me kind of nonsense but that's just my opinion.it's kind of like what you try to tell young kids when they make a good play or have some success you know act like you've been there before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You only win your first Ironman once good on him like a boss...
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats just it though, he hadnt been there before.... his first freakng ironman win... If a 6 year old did this at a school football game it might be over the top but still hilarious
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s not like 2nd place was right behind him and he was rubbing it in his face. Just a dude celebrating a win..

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a me me me situation because that’s the nature of triathlon. It was all him for that entire race, no one else to depend on. You make a good play in a game, sure, act like you’ve been there before. You win a 8 hour endurance event on your own, do whatever you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
crujones#33 wrote:

Yikes, relax... Literally the guy who EVERYONE likes (rightfully so) celebrated not much differently.

Edit: 1:21 minute mark since ST doesn't seem to allow the video to start there.

Last edited by: Andres: Sep 6, 20 23:01
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tilburs wrote:
Indeed. See winner of Pro Men at Gdynia 70.3.

Yup! Not the dane i had predicted to do well (the timing mats also seemed a bit funky), as 2 other danes were in the lead in the beginning, but damn what a bike time! 1:57!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
T2LV wrote:
crujones#33 wrote:

I second the tool comment.

I third the tool comment.
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see two different kinds of celebrations here.
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [stevesimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We just see it differently. Nothing wrong with that.
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniel is a great athlete but lets not forget that Kienle broke is collarbone in training in the end of June. To already be back in this kind of shape after a serious injury is next level talent.

2peak.com
Quote Reply
Re: who beat sebi today? [2PEAK Training] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2PEAK Training wrote:
Daniel is a great athlete but lets not forget that Kienle broke is collarbone in training in the end of June. To already be back in this kind of shape after a serious injury is next level talent.

2peak.com

Good point, that is actually super impressive as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With you completely. I don't see why this is upsetting. He was pumped. It's not like he whipped it out and started pissing on the crowd or second place or something.

Some of y'all must be really fun at a party
Quote Reply

Prev Next