Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what brand of shoes should I choose?
Quote | Reply
Hello all. I have been suffering from some knee and foot problems this year...I am looking for a good pair of sneakers, mainly searching good cushion, stability and confortability. I weigh 187lbs (6´1 feet) and looking for a middle range price. I had good experience with asics, not so good with New Balance. No interested in "magic" shoes...

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: what brand of shoes should I choose? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 2 years ago I was starting to develop some knee and joint pain as well. My Dr. (who has run many marathons and Ironman's) recommended Hokas.
I made the switch to the Bondi 6 at the time and man what a life saver. Super comfy, wide option if needed, and still has great stability.
Everyone is different and they may not work for you, but if you are looking for some more cushioning, I think you'll see a lot of feedback and recommendations for Hoka's.
Good luck!

Quinner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go into a running a store and talk to an experienced staff member. Try on some different shoes and they should be able to watch you walk and run in different pairs and can help you choose which will be best. Let them know the issues you are having. The wrong shoes can often cause injuries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Years ago I turned my nose up at the running platform pillow shoes I was seeing on triathlete friends and older runners. But when push came to shove and I tried the Bondi, the cushioning was a difference maker. Not all Hokas are the same but the cushioning and extra oomph of the rocker help the knees. It takes some getting used to and relearning the stride. Hoka Clifton is nice. Saucony Endorphin Shift also cushiony and easy on the knees. Hoka changed the running shoe world, son la hostia.
Quote Reply
Re: what brand of shoes should I choose? [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have really loved hokas. I'm a bigger guy at 6'2 and about 195, and found the extra cushion to be a god send. Or maybe it was the rocker, but either way, I am a big hoka fanboy. I look for shoes in the hoka line that have a little bit more "sturdy" cushioning because I found the Bondi's to be a little too pillowy. If I was a lightweight runner it might be perfect, but I think I just compressed it too much and ended up with some lower leg niggles. I've got the speedgoats for trail running and am actually doing most of my road running in the original version of the carbon x which I picked up on sale and have been very happy with.

USAT Level 1 Coach
Team Next Level
http://goteamnltri.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree, look at Hoka One One. There are three shoes to consider. Bondi, Clifton and current Mach because it’s a darn good shoe. The midsole wrap, rocker and stack height combined have shown to help runners like you. That said the brands are learning from their “magic shoes”. The Nike Infinity Run 2, the New Balance 1080v11 and the new Saucony Axon ($100) are examples of how the brands are learning from their concept work. Try a couple of these shoes on. Take the one that provides you instant comfort on your feet.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Hoka Bondi 6 or 7. pF and knee pain threatened to take me out of running 4 years ago, but Hoka saved me. I was even racing in the Bondis up to this year, and have now gotten healthy enough to move to Hoka Clifton 7 for racing

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply