Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what I think
Quote | Reply
-Sleeveless trisuits are f*** ugly. Lets tell ITU to put short sleeves as standard.
-Why do duathletes wear sleeveless trisuits if they are not swimming? Even uglier...
-I see many people running in damn heat with those sleeves from wrist to almost the armpit.what is the purpose? I know the basketball players' ones have some sort of cushion and also might help to keep the arm warm...
- Why cannot Summer Cook mount and dismount properly from her bike?why is she so bad at turns? does not she train?
- How in the hell can Blummenfelt run a 3.00m/km pace with such a big body?
- So much aero in the 70.3 worlds and the f*** numbers at the back of the athletes in
the bike leg flying like a newspaper.
- I will keep an eye in Kona if some zip goes below the bottom of the sternum. 5m penalty.
- Anybody is able to watch Kona entirely, just stopping to pee? Not even the commentators...

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Last edited by: juanillo: Sep 19, 19 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: what I think [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, I was just wondering the other day "what does juanillo think? I hope he posts an AMA where he asks and answers all of the questions." You made my day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- why does Holly Lawrence still race in a swim suit in 2019 when literally everybody else is all about aero
Quote Reply
Re: what I think [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
because she likes it...and it looks good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
-I see many people running in damn heat with those sleeves from wrist to almost the armpit.what is the purpose? I know the basketball players' ones have some sort of cushion and also might help to keep the arm warm...

Many of those are cooling sleeves, which keep you cooler and also provide UV protection...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The zipper rule has changed.

Sharon

Festina Lente
Quote Reply
Re: what I think [docpeachey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
docpeachey wrote:
The zipper rule has changed.

Sharon

Really? for the good or for the bad? it is or was a stupid rule... AGs and elite boiling and had to be aware of the damn zipper...
Wise decission if its been erased.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was reading the athlete guide for IMAZ 2019, and the zipper rule is still in there

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running in a tri suit in the heat makes zero sense. Marathon runners are in shorts and vest even when it's 10C on race day
Flapping numbers are really stupid.
Holly lawrence was the only reason I kept watching worlds 70.3
How does Germany produce so many good IM athletes?
Who the hell would train for IM living in German when the beer is so good?
How do people avoid getting sunbunt to hell in IM Hawaii?
Why do I keep doing IM races when they are ridiculously expensive
Why do I love racing IM but find talking about it incredibly boring
Why are 90% of people in the world glued to their smartphones EVERYWHERE they go
Why are some people unable to leave their house unless they are wearing at least 1 piece of clothing with Ironman on it
Quote Reply
Re: what I think [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the current 2019 rule:
Article VI. Section 6.01:
(d) Running with a bare torso is prohibited. Athletes must wear a shirt, jersey, or sport- top/sports bra at all times during the run segment of the Race; (30 or 60 Second Time Penalty (as applicable), DSQ if not remedied promptly)
(e) Uniforms with a front zipper may be unzipped to any length, provided, that (i) the zipper should be connected at the bottom of the uniform at all times. Notwithstanding the foregoing, provided the athlete’s torso is covered with a shirt, jersey, or sports top/sports bra, athletes may unzip and pull down the top of their uniform to that it is rolled or tucked at the waist (DSQ if not remedied promptly). The uniform should be fully zipped when crossing the finish line;

Sharon

Festina Lente
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See post above for 2019 rule.

Sharon

Festina Lente
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Blummenfelt is not as big as he looks. I think his ribs do something unusual that makes his chest look more heavily-muscled than it really is.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply