Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman?
Quote | Reply
they have a big announcing coming soon on their facebook page today with tag #AnythingIsPossible? guesses to what it is? 1st comment was "The swim isn't cancelled" lol
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing they were purchased
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
they have a big announcing coming soon on their facebook page today with tag #AnythingIsPossible? guesses to what it is? 1st comment was "The swim isn't cancelled" lol

Rolling start at Kona for the entire month of October. Takes care of the Legacy list and anyone else who wants to race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First place I went was instagram...and nada. Had to go to twitter.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
St. G full in 2020?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've got a new race that is actually not short ??
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:
St. G full in 2020?

lol

They want easier races not harder ones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Switching official port-a-pottie brands? Maybe announcing a full IM within a 10 hour drive of my house?

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

From the Ironman Facebook page:

For the first time ever, this year's IRONMAN Louisville will be the All World Athlete Challenge.
What is the All World Athlete Challenge?
Senior Regional Director Keats McGonigal explains more about this event.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They might announce who got the 70.3 World Championship for 2021.
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

From the Ironman Facebook page:

For the first time ever, this year's IRONMAN Louisville will be the All World Athlete Challenge.
What is the All World Athlete Challenge?
Senior Regional Director Keats McGonigal explains more about this event.

Sort of on-par with Trek's "big announcement" as far as significance and not overhyping.
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been known for days though. There is a whole discussion of it here.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a new Ironman in the USA being announced in June. Ironman Des Moines, Ironman Fayetteville, Ironman Memphis or Ironman Tulsa.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New IMs are now given the Olympic treatment it seems. I just hope community support is taken into account somewhat among all the financial breaks.

Personally, I'd hit Memphis for the food alone. All the others? nah.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. I have never been to Memphis but would love to see the history, culture and eat the foods. I would sign up for IM Memphis.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
It's a new Ironman in the USA being announced in June. Ironman Des Moines, Ironman Fayetteville, Ironman Memphis or Ironman Tulsa.

Des Moines could be a pretty tough course depending on where it is. I can guarantee it’s gonna be hot and humid though. I don’t care what month they put it in.
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully another full race in the PNW

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
timr wrote:

Des Moines could be a pretty tough course depending on where it is. I can guarantee it’s gonna be hot and humid though. I don’t care what month they put it in.

IMIA or how about IMSOYBN? Maybe IMCORN?

Des Moines is a finalist

https://whotv.com/...w-ironman-triathlon/

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they say what time of year for the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:

Glad I clicked the link that was posted later. I was thinking no way I'd do an IM in Fayetteville, NC.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Apr 18, 19 9:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:

I'm very unenthused by all of these. Like there's some good Barbecue in Memphis and Fayetteville, a Symphony in Tulsa...but any of these in Mid-June is gonna suck unless you're purely training for Kona and have already qualified.

Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about september or is the weather too unpredictable then where it could be hot or it could be freezing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
what about september or is the weather too unpredictable then where it could be hot or it could be freezing?

At least in Des Moines it can be. Though hot is normal in Sep.

Before I got into Tri's, HyVee had what seemed to be pretty popular when it happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unpredictable? Eh, it's still gonna he hell on earth and humid in those locales in September. They would be pretty nice October races though.

Quote Reply
Re: what's the latest "BIG announcement" from ironman? [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
Did they say what time of year for the race?

"late spring/early summer 2020"

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply

Prev Next