Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

vasa people, what damper setting most feels like water?
Quote | Reply
im going to start a training plan and just be adhering to pace for swimming. i wont be messing with the damper at all on the vasa (what i swim train on the majority of the time).

all the vasa people, just curious what everyone thinks is the closest to water resistance / feel on the damper.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: vasa people, what damper setting most feels like water? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly? 0, maybe 1. Anything higher has its uses but it gets really hard, really fast.

Re: vasa people, what damper setting most feels like water? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read somewhere that 0-2 was swimming with a current, 3-5 was normal, and 6-7 was against a current. Not sure I agree with the 3-5 because beyond 4 is definitely a level of pulling I don't get in normal water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Door 3 is most like normal water and is what I use the majority of the time.

I will amp it up to 5 for muscular endurance sets when I want more paddle-like power training, but I def tire faster and my cadence drops compared to door 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think level 2 feels most like water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been training in 1 and i match my pool speed however I definitely do more strokes on vasa than pool.
I'm upping to 2 and 3 this season. That should match closer.
It's one metric, may not be the beat but it may help you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I primarily train on 2, but do a fair amount of cadence work on 1, and do ladders (1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1 x 1 min each) every 3rd workout. Ladders are hard if you try to keep consistent pace throughout.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply