Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

two sets of dead vector 2's in 2 months
Quote | Reply
sup y'all

for powermeters on my bikes, I have two sets of dual-sided vector 2's. both sets were purchased late 2016 and have seen regular use but have been maintained well, with dozens of battery changes over the years.

about 8 weeks ago, one set on bike A read low battery. several days later, I changed the batteries to find that the left and right pedals would no longer connect to one another and thus read power. I switched the pods to the other side, got new batteries, nothing. contacted Garmin with the response that they no longer supported the 2's. total trash.

now, this morning I get a low battery note from the set of 2's I have on bike B. replace the batteries, same issue - pedals will no longer find one another (4 flashes per pod).

I have once again reached out to Garmin. has anyone else experienced this nonsense. absolutely maddening that a two expensive powermeters fail in the same way within 2 months of each other after 4 years of successful use.
Quote Reply
Re: two sets of dead vector 2's in 2 months [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's ridiculous that we should only expect power meters to last four years. Say what you will about SRM pricing, etc, but I had a 10 year-old SRM DA crank that I sent in for service, no issues.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure it's frustrating but you are in a pretty good position to troubleshoot it.

You've swapped the pods of at least one of the sets around but because you've got 2 sets you've got way more combinations than that. I would gradually work my way through all the possible combinations making sure you are unlinking/unpairing them at each stage. If my maths is right then you've got 12 combinations if you are trying them all on both sides. While you are at it I'd check the pins and clean them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have only one single unit but had problems with signal losts 2 month ago.
Contacted Garmin and got Info that I must be the sending unit but they don’t have any stock anymore...had to buy it online for about 80 bucks. That worked so far.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get them to warranty the pedals sell them when you get the replacements.
Next buy a Power2max PM.
Quote Reply
Re: two sets of dead vector 2's in 2 months [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty absurd that these things only had a max life of 4 years considering garmin stopped all product support
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did Garmin say about this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
johnj121591 wrote:
sup y'all

for powermeters on my bikes, I have two sets of dual-sided vector 2's. both sets were purchased late 2016 and have seen regular use but have been maintained well, with dozens of battery changes over the years.

about 8 weeks ago, one set on bike A read low battery. several days later, I changed the batteries to find that the left and right pedals would no longer connect to one another and thus read power. I switched the pods to the other side, got new batteries, nothing. contacted Garmin with the response that they no longer supported the 2's. total trash.

now, this morning I get a low battery note from the set of 2's I have on bike B. replace the batteries, same issue - pedals will no longer find one another (4 flashes per pod).

I have once again reached out to Garmin. has anyone else experienced this nonsense. absolutely maddening that a two expensive powermeters fail in the same way within 2 months of each other after 4 years of successful use.

I had this happen. They replaced mine for free. Free shipping. And they sent 2, to replace my single-sided system, so now I have a spare. Garmin has occasionally been a giant headache, but their customer service has been top notch IME.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply