Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

turbinate reduction surgery
Quote | Reply
Did turbinate reduction surgery help you or make life miserable?
Quote Reply
Re: turbinate reduction surgery [woof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woof wrote:
Did turbinate reduction surgery help you or make life miserable?

Beat things I ever did. I have almost no issues with seasonal allergies now. Or at least I don’t require medication for it. The big plus is now that they pack your sinuses with dissolvable gauze, rinsing it put with high volume neti pot rinses was no issue at all.

My only complaint, but it wouldn’t keep me from doing it again, is my nasal cavity drains too well now & I often times have issues with post nasal drip and laryngitis after a bout with a cold. Still much more tolerable than the sinus issues I had before the procedure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Helped me. Biggest hassle was repeatedly having to thwart the doctor's offers to do plastic surgery on my nose at the same time (Military doctor who I think desperately wanted plastic surgery on his resume for transition to post-military life)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had three of these. Two in HS, and one about 10 years ago. Best decisions ever. I can actually breathe through my nose. Prior to the surgery I simply had no capacity to do this at all... If someone had put a gag over my mouth like in the movies, I would have died.

Now I can breathe easily. The recovery is painful, but the modern method is much better than it used to be. Highly recommend. Don't plan to work for at least 3 days after the surgery, it will hurt, but over the long run - so totally worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: turbinate reduction surgery [JacobB1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all...

First my son(7) is going to have his done and then me. Don't want to burden down my wife with 2 people to take care of. We are doing this mostly for the sake of Apnea... hoping we get better quality sleep and then have more energy during the day.... hopefully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resist the urge to blow your nose tho! I used a baby booger thingy to get the dead meat that kept falling off as it was healing... I only had

my turbine's shaved not removed even though I highly requested it the ENT said that removing the turbines is old practice and not recommended at all as there wouldn't be anything to warm up the air end up with lots of nose bleeds and subject to Pollens alot more if I just had them shaved.

In the end I went with the ENT suggestion and havent had any "ragrets" about it

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply