Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tubeless tyre for Giant SLR1 aero
Quote | Reply
Hi

Decided to go for a tubeless setup. I am reading that GP5000's are not recommended for my SLR1 wheelset. Not sure why, but Gavia 0 are an option - not a bad price £35 quid and pretty light at 278g

Any other recommendations? Would like to keep it light, but also some decent grip and a tyre that goes on without grippling my hands

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tubeless tyre for Giant SLR1 aero [chatlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chatlow wrote:
I am reading that GP5000's are not recommended for my SLR1 wheelset.

Link please?

I can't see why one TL would be fine (from the vendor, wink wink) but not from other places.

Either way, without good data I wouldn't run a box brand "fast tire" over the GP5000 and other known good and fast options.

Sounds like to me "you can only toast Cuisinart brand toast in your Cuisinart toaster" level crap.
Quote Reply
Re: tubeless tyre for Giant SLR1 aero [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://weightweenies.starbike.com/...php?f=3&t=161985

^ just re-read and they are referring to newer SLR and also mention of 42mm, not the aero 55mm that I have, so I'm not sure it applicable. Still a concern so would be good to know
Quote Reply
Re: tubeless tyre for Giant SLR1 aero [chatlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have SLR1 wheels on my race bike and use Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless and think they are great, although one does need replacing as it has a pretty big gash in - this might be more down to my maintenance than anything - when it was small, I knew it was there, and ignored it on pretty dirty roads. I plan on putting another Schwalbe on to replace it.

I have tubeless Gavia 0's on the PA2s that came with the bike, which I only use for training rides but they are a pretty decent.
Quote Reply