Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
triathlete makes it on marathon investigation
Quote | Reply
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...e-anita-carcone.html

those messages she sent to me (the pollack)
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you the blogger that caught her initially? i read this on Marathon Investigation this morning, and man some of the things she says are disturbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What a piece of work that one is. She cut the course and claims victory, gets caught the denies, then edits files to try and match the course, then admits that probably they hate people from Arizona and sent her on the wrong course. The cheating in this one goes deep, and super glad she is not my kids teacher.

The vitriol she spewed at the end was so classless that I now think this should all be brought to her bosses attention. Let them know who they really have working for them..

I love how almost all of you now have to have a gadget to race with, all she had to do was just race blind and her cheating ways would never have been known. And then to post up the evidence of her cheating online, and she is a teacher, priceless...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. Just, wow. I got onto her FB page and started 'liking' one or two of the comments pointing out the problems with her 'explanations' and I was quickly blocked. A teacher. Geesh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

WOW!!!! That's some fucked-up Mike Rossi-level abuse [I won't re-post the screenshot, out of respect for you]

And bad fucking grammar/spelling, besides

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Things like this are so interesting from a personality/psychology perspective. Did she knowingly cut the bike course, or accidentally do it and then got so much validation from the results, that she either convinced herself she didn't cheat or decided to lash out at anyone calling her out for cheating (even if it was inadvertent) rather than admitting the mistake (or the wrong doing)? Then going so far as to edit the ride, then doubling down and resorting to name calling when continued to be called out.

A stark contrast to some of the posts I've seen where someone accidentally cut the course and then DQ'd themselves once they realized it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had no idea there was a cold war between Cali and Arizona. You learn something new every day.

She's unhinged and it's disturbing. Can only hope she gets help.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next thing you know, she'll be punching someone at a Kenny Chesney concert

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rather that than the alternatives that she alludes too.

Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm mid 30's and it still baffles me, how to manipulate an post workout garmin file, but I guess I'm very non-tech savy with stuff like that.

ETA: Like how to make sure you covered every detail of the new corrupted file so that it's a seamless no questions asks new workout file, is above my pay grade.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Jul 16, 18 8:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW: He's had a couple other triathlon stories on there

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/category/triathlon

... but nothing like this

Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
BTW: He's had a couple other triathlon stories on there

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/category/triathlon

... but nothing like this

both in San Diego area ? Giving SD a bad name eventhough she was from AZ
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttusomeone wrote:
Things like this are so interesting from a personality/psychology perspective. Did she knowingly cut the bike course, or accidentally do it and then got so much validation from the results, that she either convinced herself she didn't cheat or decided to lash out at anyone calling her out for cheating (even if it was inadvertent) rather than admitting the mistake (or the wrong doing)? Then going so far as to edit the ride, then doubling down and resorting to name calling when continued to be called out.

A stark contrast to some of the posts I've seen where someone accidentally cut the course and then DQ'd themselves once they realized it.

Let's say she accidentally cut the bike course and didn't realize it. A person of reasonably sound mind when informed by the RD might initially be upset but then realize when they looked at their data that they made a mistake and didn't ride the entire course. They would admit their mistake or just keep their mouth shut rather than becoming unhinged and threatening everybody.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
are you the blogger that caught her initially? i read this on Marathon Investigation this morning, and man some of the things she says are disturbing.

No I didn't catch her... Even though day of race I suspected something strange people getting the course CR with the shorter distance race, I shrugged it off thinking it was a Strava glitch.

mbwallis wrote:
I had no idea there was a cold war between Cali and Arizona. You learn something new every day.

She's unhinged and it's disturbing. Can only hope she gets help.

Yes there is, many "zonies" come here to escape the heat and trash the beaches
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
I'm mid 30's and it still baffles me, how to manipulate an post workout garmin file, but I guess I'm very non-tech savy with stuff like that.

ETA: Like how to make sure you covered every detail of the new corrupted file so that it's a seamless no questions asks new workout file, is above my pay grade.

All she did was manually change the total distance. Of course, the plots all ended early, so it was a pretty dumb coverup.

The easiest way to tag on the extra distance is to go back out there, ride the extra 6 miles, then merge the two workout files. The date/time stamps in the tcx file would reveal your cheatery, but strava would not give you away. Some sort of python script could go through every line of the second ride and adjust the date/times to match the first ride. If you do every second recording, it would be easy to do it manually.
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

All she did was manually change the total distance. Of course, the plots all ended early, so it was a pretty dumb coverup.

The easiest way to tag on the extra distance is to go back out there, ride the extra 6 miles, then merge the two workout files. The date/time stamps in the tcx file would reveal your cheatery, but strava would not give you away. Some sort of python script could go through every line of the second ride and adjust the date/times to match the first ride. If you do every second recording, it would be easy to do it manually.

F that... I'd rather DQ myself... even easier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never worked directly with .fit files, but if one were to convert it to .gpx you could import it into your favorite GIS software, edit/add vertices to the polyline along the known course, then add data into the attributes so the new vertices have manipulated metrics, and then when you import it back into garmin/strava it should look normal. . . I think :))

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I mean, like if you don't "cover it up" properly you look like an doofus. You can't just change the end miles because the graph/gps points will still show only 12 mile ride, etc. So then it kinda makes you think....if someone really can doctor a file properly, how would you know the difference?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/07/disqualified-triathlete-anita-carcone.html

I was going to look at the results after reading her initial post about 3 minutes behind the males pro coming off injury and a hospital stay. Went to look at the results... why are there no swim times for anyone?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

AlyraD wrote:
I've never worked directly with .fit files, but if one were to convert it to .gpx you could import it into your favorite GIS software, edit/add vertices to the polyline along the known course, then add data into the attributes so the new vertices have manipulated metrics, and then when you import it back into garmin/strava it should look normal. . . I think :))

Or Photoshop the screenshot

I think that's what the original T3 did, but I could be wrong

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No double letters in name... clearly this means she's innocent.

synthetic wrote:
https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/07/disqualified-triathlete-anita-carcone.html

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn’t she say she was 3 minutes behind top male pro but 12th in her division?! Wow. That’s one tough female age group!
Quote Reply
Re: triathlete makes it on marathon investigation [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
synthetic wrote:

I was going to look at the results after reading her initial post about 3 minutes behind the males pro coming off injury and a hospital stay. Went to look at the results... why are there no swim times for anyone?

I think it's just a glitch on the timing website. If you click on individual athletes it shows their swim times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
...if someone really can doctor a file properly, how would you know the difference?

She missed a chip mat. That alone is enough to take a second look.

In general though, at a certain point, it is impossible. As detailed above, you can completely fabricate an entire ride by hand. Getting more advanced, but certainly easy enough for a clever coder, you could feed a path into some software which would the learn the elevation profile. You could tell it your desired average power or speed, usual cadence range and some sort of graph of your usual heart rate vs. power. All of these (location, power, speed, HR, cadence) could then be included in the final FIT file with some believable amount of variation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, she's nuts. What are the odds she's not married?
Quote Reply

Prev Next