Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
tri ladies, are you a tomboy?
Quote | Reply
my coworker came by my desk and said "do you have any nail polish remover?" i shook my head and she said "right, of course not. you're a tomboy!"
Quote Reply
Re: tri ladies, are you a tomboy? [PatchesMcHooley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois ought to be able to answer this.

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although I do not keep nail poish remover in my desk, I am not a tom boy. I'm more of an Irongirlie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO, but I think many tri-girls can be! I think it's still important to maintain my girly side, so I wear lots of pink and fashionable girly clothes!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a tomboy, but I don't wear makeup, don't care about fashion(thanks to the sport I still fit in and wear clothes from high school). But I do pluck my eyebrows and paint my toenails before every big race.

Funny story about the eyebrow plucking. I was doing it one night before a race and my husband asked why in the heck was I doing that, it wasn't like I was going to be on TV, I was going to do a RACE! Well I ended up doing pretty well and the race was covered by the Sunshine Network and they wanted to interview me. No more questions about that.

http://www.GearforMultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: tri ladies, are you a tomboy? [Kimbo215] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't wear make-up either, but I still consider myself girly! :)
Quote Reply
Re: tri ladies, are you a tomboy? [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make up is over rated. Natural is beautiful.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do have nail polish remover in my desk drawer, but in most respects I do consider myself a bit of a tomboy. I don't mind wearing skirts (which is a good thing, because I have to wear them on most days) and I wear make up, jewelry, etc. I also like keeping up with the latest styles, and I LOVE to shop. But when it comes to hanging out around the house, I prefer to hang out in my flannet pajama pants and watch sports! Too bad my Bills suck this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I am feminine, in a natural way too.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I very rarely post but there have been a few things in the last few days that have definitely gotten me interested so I figured I might as well chime in:-). I try to maintain a balance between tough and still feminine/ girly! Although I am very often in workout clothes I am probably too into fasion/ shopping for my own good:-). I make a conscious effort come race week to not spend 100% of the time in race t-shirst etc...., I brought about 6 sun dresses to Kona!
Quote Reply
Re: tri ladies, are you a tomboy? [JohnG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Natural is good when you have to be at work at 6a! :)
Quote Reply
Re: tri ladies, are you a tomboy? [claire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
girl, I just saw your pic over in the hottie thread!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
growing up i was a tomboy, but not so much anymore. i don't like touching dirty things (like the car parts and tools in the basement), and never take out the trash.

i wear make up as much as possible and don't like to meet or see people without at least lipstick on.

also i'm trying to figure out how to get my new mtb painted pink.

but, if i have as much as one glass of wine i can swear like a sailor, so maybe that cancels out all of the above. HA!

as for the nail polish, i think it's BS that your co-worker said that. and it is my opinion that women who don't work out at all are more prone to think that athletic women are "tomboys" no matter what.
Last edited by: kittycat: Nov 22, 05 7:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey I just saw one of my Her Sports teammates in one of your pics!! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
even if you don't have to be at work at 6am, why get up at 6am just so you can apply makeup, right? there is no male equivalent of this process. when i'm up at 6, it's to train!
Quote Reply
Re: tri ladies, are you a tomboy? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kittycat- I WANT A PINK MT BIKE!!!!!!!!!!! That would be super cool!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are too funny! Lovely shot huh:-)? That would have been a good day to not be soooo "all-natural."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brianne? She is one of my training buddys. She and her hubby are leaving Jan 4th to travel for 6 months on the other side of the world. I will miss her!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey getting in the hottie thread is huge! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's coming in white, which, is only "ok". i begged cannondale to paint it pink. they said "not this year". dammit.

plan B...if I could find someone local i'd paint it pink in an instant! (with silver ribbons, stars, or something fun like that!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'm 50/50. I'll wear make-up (although not that much), I get my eyebrows waxed, and like to get new clothes and shoes :) However, half way through the day, my hair is always in a ponytail at work, and I'll usually gaze at the new styles and then convince myself that I don't need to buy anything. I always wear jeans when I can.

Bri Gaal
One Step Beyond
http://www.osbmultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to do the makeup, suit and heels thing for work, so weekends are all about fleece in the winter and running shorts and tees in the summer and no makeup.

I did have my beau do a special toe polish for cda. I thought it enhanced my Irongirlieness. Oh, and I love racing in my pink skirtsports skirt!

Quote Reply
Re: tri ladies, are you a tomboy? [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
as for the nail polish, i think it's BS that your co-worker said that. and it is my opinion that women who don't work out at all are more prone to think that athletic women are "tomboys" no matter what.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>> I brought about 6 sun dresses to Kona!<<

HA! You should have seen Kerri's and my condo in Kona. We had entirely too many clothes! And I did a lot of shopping there, so much we had to buy a duffle on the Monday after the race to take everything home.

Grew up as a tomboy, but have evolved.
clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"She and her hubby are leaving Jan 4th to travel for 6 months on the other side of the world."

BottomFeeder - if you see this, don't say anything yet! I haven't told anyone at work yet (next Monday...) And thanks, Kimbo, I'm going to miss our training days, too.

Yes, its true, I work with the one and only BottomFeeder.

Bri Gaal
One Step Beyond
http://www.osbmultisport.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next