Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri bike inquiry
Quote | Reply
I am getting ready to buy my first tri bike. I am thinking of either the Cervelo One or the Cervelo Dual. Price is somewhat of an issue for me. Any opinions about either bike. Thanks for any input. I plan on doing tri's for quite awhile and I think maybe the One might be enough for now and if I stick around long enough I might upgrade in a couple of years. Or, is the One just too limited to start with and will I need to trade up too soon. I am fairly athletic so I expect to get better. ANy other entry level bikes of different brands that anyone has strong feelings about. last question, promise, is Nytro [the tri store near San Diego] a good place to go for tri stuff. Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: tri bike inquiry [verwye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean the new One or the old One? I've looked at all three bikes up close and see the Dual as offering the most. It's similiar to the old One but with a more aero seat tube. The new One IMO is in "no man's land" as it offers neither the advantages of a road bike or a tri bike with it's 75/76 degree seat tube. You can get that on either a road bike or the Dual depending on where you position the seat.

IMO, if a newbie triathlete you should always get a road bike first. Tri-geeks are notoriously bad cyclists usually being runners or swimmers and jumping from a $200 mountain bike to a tri bike. First run a season or two on a road bike, join a roadie group and learn basic bike handing skills. Then get a tri bike as a second bike.

If you've been there and are ready for a tri bike, the Dual IMO offers a lot of bang for the buck. I see very little to fault it except for the Tiagra rear cassette instead of 105 like the rest of the bike and the fork is not as aero as the P2K or P3, however both these are easily upgraded later.
Quote Reply