Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri2fly's girl, one last time("a girls perspective")
Quote | Reply
First, I(tri2fly) am letting my fiance post on my login, because her account is no longer "validated". I am unsure what this means, and am beginning to think that Slowman has banned her..........in part because he won't return her email regarding this status. If that is the case, and she has been banned from posting and joined the likes of Orang Utan, then I must say it is disturbing to me. It is Slowmans site, and under his jurisdiction we post, but she said nothing derogatory, mean, or vindictive in nature. Many others have said much worse. I will let her post her follow-up here, and hope that my suspicion is not correct, as I have always help the deepest respect for the Slowman.

From Tri2fly's girl-

Dear athletes: I was very surprised to see the interest in "a girls perspective". I am grateful to each of you who responded, as I value your opinion. Many of you "got" what I was trying to say, and others did not. Several of you were able to rephrase my thoughts in words much better than the one's I used. Thank you. It is wonderful to know that most of you are concerned with "keeping the fire alive" in your relationship, despite the time that you spend training. Thank you for the effort. Goodbye, good luck, and best wishes to you all.
Quote Reply
Re: tri2fly's girl, one last time("a girls perspective") [tri2fly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"and others did not."

Kid, when you used the word "my fiancee" followed by the rest of the speel it made me suspect that you're a very young gal. Reminded me of my daughter. Come back in twenty-five years and tell us what relationships are all about.
Quote Reply
Re: tri2fly's girl, one last time("a girls perspective") [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Come back in twenty-five years and tell us what relationships are all about."

Sure, she'll mature. But I think she already knows a couple of things. For one, she knows how to communicate and cares enough to do so. And at bottom is not asking a lot of her fiance. And I notice that she is very gracious in the face of some pretty condescending posts. I think tri2fly has got himself a winner. As we all know, an investment of hard work is usually both necessary and very rewarding (applies to marriage as well as sport). If she is as willing to work on the relationship as she expects him to, I think they'll live happily ever after.

I've been married for almost 15 wonderful years to a woman who gives me a clue once in a while. And we men need some of that, don't we, cerveloguy? (Do I recall something about skipping off to a group ride and trying to buy it off with roses?) Some are hearing a ring of truth in tri2fly's girl's words. Could these be those who have not been jaded by a serious breakup?
Quote Reply
Re: tri2fly's girl, one last time("a girls perspective") [tri2fly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the validated thing may be an email confirmation type thing...need to click a link in order to confirm registration?

just a thought

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: tri2fly's girl, one last time("a girls perspective") [Young_Ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is a thought......but that step was taken prior to her first, only post under her login, thanks though.
Quote Reply
Re: tri2fly's girl, one last time("a girls perspective") [pedaller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Sure, she'll mature. But I think she already knows a couple of things. For one, she knows how to communicate and cares enough to do so. And at bottom is not asking a lot of her fiance. And I notice that she is very gracious in the face of some pretty condescending posts. I think tri2fly has got himself a winner. As we all know, an investment of hard work is usually both necessary and very rewarding (applies to marriage as well as sport). If she is as willing to work on the relationship as she expects him to, I think they'll live happily ever after."

Pedaller......You will never know how close you come to the truth, thanks. The "girl" some choose to bash for her attempt to provide some insight into only part of what women hold dear, is not girl at all, but a mid thirties wonder. She is breathtaking in appearance, and catches everyones eye, while not knowing or even caring of her effect visually. She is most rare in character: has never uttered a curse word out loud, drank alcohol, and teaches the children of the world in a private christian school(maybe even yours). She has the utmost of respect for our sport, travels thousands of miles every year to attend every race I go to, encourages me to train that 20-30 hours a weeks that it takes to excell, all without ever saying anything negative, ever...............why, because I am reminded everyday how amazing she is, and she knows how I feel.

So, the rest of you....take your shots at her, she just wanted to help. I would bet that no one of you that berated her would be inspired to say it to her in person.

Good night.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude! You're engaged to Maria from The Sound of Music! SWEET! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a recent post from Dan re: posters and bannings (actually, regarding your situation. It sounds like Oranu Tang and A in Florida -- who insulted your fiance -- are the only folks banned).

From Dan--
"over 2000 registered forum posters, over 50,000 posts this year so far, and two (or one) have been banned. you have to be a pretty bad behaver to rate a ban, and you've got a long way to go before you cross that threshold. "

I would guess that it's just a computer snafu... I had to change my login about a year ago when my first one stopped working. I sent emails, no response, so I set up a new account.

Your fiance sounds like a wonderful Christian woman. I can't believe she got some of the responses she did. I am married to a terrific lady who sounds similar to your fiance. Take good care of each other and thank God for her every day.

Ray
Quote Reply