Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tour coverage - comcast
Quote | Reply
i've only posted a couple of times but i wanted to get this one out there because it bugs me.

i just emailed comcast about why i cannot get oln and was told they have no immediate plans to carry the network in my area (boston, ma).

i thought this was hypocritical given the company's use of lance for advertising. in my mind it is like saying "hi, we want to be like lance but we're not going to show you what he does" ! maybe i'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem right to me.

comcast did say channel selection was driven in part by consumer demand, so if you care let them know.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: tour coverage - comcast [jayl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's even stranger is that Comcast owns a piece of OLN.

Time to switch to satelite, I guess :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No sidewindin bushwackin, hornswaglin, cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter!
Quote Reply
Re: tour coverage - comcast [jayl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What you need to do is rustle up all the rodeo fans, hunters, and fisherman in your area and have them bombard comcast with letters...

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: tour coverage - comcast [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An excellent point, Andy. I find it amazing that one of OLN's honchos is considered a genius for putting bicycling coverage on the channel(I guess he's the only one at OLN smart enough to figure that the second biggest sport in the world besides soccer might have viewers here too.)

What really has me wondering, though, is how many viewers OLN gets for its shows that it programs 6-8 hours of bull-riding, 4+ hours of fishing, and the remainder with guys shooting stuff, every day.(No offense to shooters and anglers, they're fun to do, but not watch. And oh, the commentary.) Meanwhile, I have to wait six months to see a one hour show on an Ironman event only to find that is is focusing on "the human side" of the story and there is less than ten minutes of race coverage.

As for me, I'll be tuning in on Saturday for the start of the TdF. Now if my fraggin' LBS will get the USPS jersey I ordered, I can represent.

Go Lance! Go USPS!

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply