Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

top tube and comfort
Quote | Reply
i have heard some people talk about the top tube being important to bike comfprt. how? thank you and i bless.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: top tube and comfort [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a master frame builder should answer the question. I know that I have mentioned it more than a few times, but please remember that I am a student of the bicycle at this time.

All I can ascertain is that the lateral comfort is mainly obtained through the top tube. This is probably one of the main reasons why smaller athletes did not like the 2002 Litespeed Blade, as it had a gargantuan top tube (my own theory). Also, for my personal testimonial, I had a bike with pencil-thin seat stays and a giant top tube. It was a noodle AND uncomfortable all at the same time!!! I have my own theories on top tube comfort, but I want to make sure it is conveyed correctly on here.

Principia claims this*, as do many other expert builders who I value their opinion.

* Not slighting the other builders whom I have personally spoken to, but Principia made a big deal about their "comfort top tube", so I started to suspect top tubes rather than seat stays were responsible for comfort. Other fine, well-respected builders have since confirmed it for me.
Quote Reply