Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

titanflex for "just a bike" use
Quote | Reply
I'm not really a triathlete -- I don't have the knees for running -- but I'm looking at the titanflex for plain old road riding here in the mountains of northern NM -- no, it's hardly flat up here, and it's not all desert either. Ane comments on buying/using these bikes even if you're not doing ultra or tri riding?

thanks

ron
Quote Reply
Re: titanflex for "just a bike" use [rminnich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Northern N Mex. is not unlike the Rockies of Alberta/ BC. And the road from Trinidad to TAOS - Ouch!

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you can adjust the seat angle from let say 74 to 81, you can use either as a road bike or tri bike.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine why you wouldn't consider one... Those are some nice bikes. If you aren't riding ultra steep, there's even more reason to consider one. (Note: this is not to say that a TF won't work if ridden steep, but I doubt very much that the geometry of the bike was designed with that in mind)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say go for it. My Tri bike is a softride and I got a great deal on it, but I would love to have a TF for the road, especially if the roads are rough. The frame is plenty stiff and the weight penalty is minimal. Pedalling right over the minor road bumps and the relief that your buttocks and back will feel are all great reasons to have one.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year in the off season, I added a kids seat to my TF and rode it around the neighborhood...great bike for any use.
Quote Reply