Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tire failure ?
Quote | Reply
I bought a new Cervelo P2k last weekend. 1 mile into my first ride,
the front tire went flat and the tire bead came apart (I don't know which
happened first) The rubber of the tire along the clincher bead is gone exposing several strings that compose the bead. Ordinarily I would assume that it was just a normal pinch flat that sometimes happens on a new bike except for the destroyed tire.

Some of the people I was riding with are telling me that this is a faulty
tire and that I should ask for a replacement. Others are telling me that this is just one of the things that sometimes happens during a flat.

Was this a defective tire or is this just one of those things that sometimes happens during a flat?
Quote Reply
Re: tire failure ? [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one thing to check is the brake pad alignment. Make sure the pad is fully contacting the rim and wasn't hitting the tire when braking or riding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This failure is fairly rare and definitely not in the pinch flat category. You should not have it on a new tire. Ask for a replacement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even if the brake pad is touching the tire you should get a new tire out of it. The shop should have aligned the pads properly. Although that is an are to check so it does not occur again.

Reveren Dr. Jay
Quote Reply