Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

thoughts on a new wetsuit
Quote | Reply
My full suit died last season and I need (want) a new full suit. I'm looking for the group's thoughts and recommendations. Unfortunately there are no longer any shops in my region to go to try on a suit, so I'll have to rely on the sizing guides. As for me I'm an adult onset swimmer, slow in the water, like 27 min in my last olympic race, which I did in my old Bib-John suit. I kinda liked my old desoto T1. I did like the putting on and off, but it always felt slow.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: thoughts on a new wetsuit [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still enjoy the T1 I have and when it goes will get another. I get questions about it every time I am suiting up at a race because of the two piece design. Had it repaired twice and bought in 2004.

And on the on/off slow part, I took advice of a friend (raced pro) and removed a little bit from the legs so not as constrictive at the ankles and speeds getting off. Get out of the water, rip off the top while running to T1, step out of the bibjohn as not as tight. Hope that helps.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Last edited by: Quo Vadimus: Apr 9, 19 19:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m a T1 fan too. If you’re worried about fit give DeSoto a call they’ll work with you.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBri00 wrote:
My full suit died last season and I need (want) a new full suit. I'm looking for the group's thoughts and recommendations. Unfortunately there are no longer any shops in my region to go to try on a suit, so I'll have to rely on the sizing guides. As for me I'm an adult onset swimmer, slow in the water, like 27 min in my last olympic race, which I did in my old Bib-John suit. I kinda liked my old desoto T1. I did like the putting on and off, but it always felt slow.

Personally if you like the two piece style and are familiar it with then you could always just get another T1. I'm not a fan of two pieces, although I think Dan is. Relying on the sizing guides is usually pretty good way to go although there is some overlap within the brands and certain body types fit different styles sizes better. Regardless, best to purchase a suit you can try on and if it doesn't work on return it. BlueSeventy has a very generous return policy on their suits, and their top end Helix is incredibly forgiving suits but you don't need to get the top end suit either. You can always save 20% on BlueSeventy suit here. I also wrote some more concise but detailed things to think about when buying a new suit. Originally written for more first-time buyers but applicable to all. That piece can be found here.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply