Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tacx neo 2t and p5x
Quote | Reply
im interested in purchasing a tacx neo 2t but watching to shane miller and dcrainmaker i think they mentioned that the trainer may have some problems on some TT frames.
I wonder if somebody out there with Tacx neo 2t and Cervelo P5X combo. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tacx neo 2t and p5x [dboatx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dboatx wrote:
im interested in purchasing a tacx neo 2t but watching to shane miller and dcrainmaker i think they mentioned that the trainer may have some problems on some TT frames.
I wonder if somebody out there with Tacx neo 2t and Cervelo P5X combo. Thanks

I am on a Tacx neo OG gen 2 (the re-designed case of the first Neo). Clearance is not an issue and although the Neo 2/2T are redesigns of the internals, from my understanding the externals are identical (the Neo 1 first revision had a fatter case, TT bikes could NOT fit on it well)

Note that there is an adapter for mine that pushes the thru axle adapter out slightly so the disc brake calipers to not rub the case. I believe the new Neo 2/2T can accommodate native thru axles, so this is a non issue, but that I cannot confirm. Do a quick check, but as for dimensions, a Medium P5x fits my Neo 1 Gen 2 fine no issues
Quote Reply
Re: tacx neo 2t and p5x [dboatx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a P5x and a Neo 2T. There’s a little 1-2mm spacer ring that comes with it that you’ll want to put on the non drive side 142 axle piece for the trainer; it fits nicely. The bike will still “work” without that ring, but the rear brake caliper will be juuuuuuust touching the trainer body without it.

Re: tacx neo 2t and p5x [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank u
Quote Reply
Re: tacx neo 2t and p5x [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: tacx neo 2t and p5x [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That little spacer is 2.7mm thus making the 142mm between dropouts actually 144.7mm.

The main downside to this is reduced thread engagment on the thru axle. How much of a risk this presents is probably a personal choice, but it would imagine it would void any warranty should there be any problems.

So it's still not quite straightforward unfortunately... Tacx seem to be between a rock and a hard place with their trainer here.
Quote Reply