Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

switching btw steep and shallow bikes
Quote | Reply
I"ve noticed that a slow progression towards wanting to ride steeper on my road bike over the years. This has happened over the same time period that I have been riding steeper angled TT bikes. Basically, I've found a "sweet spot" relative to seat set back and BB (i.e. TT bike), and have slow incorporated this to my traditionally angled shallow road bike (i.e. seat pushed up on seat rails). Roadies give me crap about my seat being pushed up on the rails . . .

Do you guys who switch btw shallow and steep bikes follow this pattern at all ?? Just curious.
Quote Reply
Re: switching btw steep and shallow bikes [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, because when switching between my steep and shallow bikes, I am consistent with where my hip angle is, i.e. that stays at 90 degrees, while my body is rotating around the bottom bracket in a fixed position.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: switching btw steep and shallow bikes [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I switch between "road" and "tri" geometry fairly readily but the "line" between the two is beginning to blur for me. The Yaqui Carbo Ves is building for me has a 76 degree seat tube angle (my other three tri bikes are 78)and my road bike has a center mount post with the saddle in the center of the rails for probably about 74.5 or 75 degrees I would guess. My position on the road had evolved slighty steeper over time. My reach has gotten shorter as I've gotten older too. I broke my back in 1987 so that may have been a factor.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply