Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

swimsuit over triathlonsuit ?
Quote | Reply
I have a Kiwami aquarush swimsuit which I used to wear over my two-piece kit (Castelli Stealth) in the swim in non-wetsuit swims. I tested the Aquarush in the pool significantly faster compared with a speedo.
Now I purchased a Castelli All Out one-piece triathlonsuit because I hope to be more aero on the bike than with the two-piece kit.

My question is now, and I know it has been discussed before, should I continue to wear the swimsuit over the triathonsuit during the swim in non-wetsuit swims. Or is the swim in the triathlonsuit as fast as when I have the swimsuit over it.

Of course I could test it again in the pool, but I remember quite a hassle and would require multiple runs to make a reliable statement.
Quote Reply
Re: swimsuit over triathlonsuit ? [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never worn the Castelli All Out suit. But if it were me I would still wear the swimsuit over the Tri-Suit for anything longer than a sprint. Even Castelli's website says the All Out suit is a 1 out of 5 in waterproofness. So I think there will be time gained from wearing the swimsuit.

I came across this thread because I myself just bought the aquarush! I've tried it on and the fit is great. But I do feel like the shoulders are a bit restrictive with my arms reached up in a streamline. I haven't swam in it yet. So I would love to hear your experience with it. Did you feel any shoulder tightness at all? I'm wondering if perhaps that goes away once in the water, or maybe after a few swims? I'd hate to keep it and have it strain my shoulders if it stays tight.

How was the aquarush in the shoulders for you?
Quote Reply