Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

super 9 disc-break through axle cap. please help
Quote | Reply
I just switched bike to disc-breaks and got a zipp super-9 race wheel.
When installing the caps for the through-axle, the cassette side is fine but the break side is wider and I can't fit the cassette tool on it to tighten. I'm using a tool similar to park FR5.2, but it only slides in a few mm before hitting the "fat" cap and not reaching the grooves.
Interestingly enough, had no issue with the 404

Is there a special tool for this? where do i get it? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks
Last edited by: dgutstadt: Sep 14, 19 6:35
Quote Reply
Re: super 9 disc-break through axle cap. please help [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure I understand what you’re saying but I think you need this.

https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/...12-15-20mm-axle-hubs
Quote Reply
Re: super 9 disc-break through axle cap. please help [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect you've got one of these lockrings? Sometimes that happens, though for whatever reason with the Abbey Crombie, it doesn't seem to happen often. Anyway, you probably should get one of these lockrings, it avoids that altogether.
Quote Reply
Re: super 9 disc-break through axle cap. please help [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the reply. yes that's exactly the lock-ring i have which the standard tool for tightening cassettes fit. but when i put it on the wheel, i can't reach it with the tool since the cap is too wide for it to fit.

this is as far as I can get the tool - only a few mm's

My LBS has one, i'll update the thread if that works in case anyone else is experiencing this issue
Last edited by: dgutstadt: Sep 14, 19 10:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You just need a bottom bracket wrench and the larger lockring.
Quote Reply