Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

stretch during IM run?
Quote | Reply
I'm a 50ish BOPer and I'm doing my first IM in a month. My problem: on long runs, and the run part of long bricks, my hamstrings are my "limiting factor", in that they get so tight and painful. I had lower spine fusion a long time ago. Other than some stiffness, it doesn't bother me, but it might effect my hammies.

So, do any of you stretch during races? Any ideas on how to keep the hammies loose? More salt? Tylenol (although I posted earlier on Aleve and got some pretty strong opinions).
Quote Reply
Re: stretch during IM run? [pat mcnamara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stretching the hamstrings never worked for me. Once the puppies lock up, it is walk to the finish line time. Maybe your experience is different.

What works for me is making sure your legs are up to the cycling job at race pace. For this FL boy, that means making a few trips to the mountains to train for IM Lake Placid. Good nutrition, salt and hydration, and good bike fit, as always, help too.

Good luck,
Quote Reply
Re: stretch during IM run? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any excuse to go ride in the mountains is a good one! I use that one as often as I can, there just aren't many things more fun to me.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply