Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

stack hieght
Quote | Reply
is stack hieght between pedals and shoes really that big a deal? it might seem like an issue at first glance but as i sit and think about it i don't see how a high stack hieght can make a cyclist loose power.

what are your thoughts?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: stack hieght [poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The lower the stack height between the pedal and the shoe, the better. However, in my opinion, if you reduce the platform area, it is much worse than a high stack height.

Time used to take out hundreds of thousands of dollars bragging about their "8mm pedal to shoe interface". Shimano has their new SPD cleat that is combined with a wide-platform. Low stack-height AND wide platform, hmmmm. If I were not just nutty about my Carnacs and my Speedplays, I would consider the new Shimano system.
Quote Reply
Re: stack hieght [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but why is stack hieght important?

Quote Reply
Re: stack hieght [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The less between you and the pedal, the better.
Quote Reply
Re: stack hieght [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why?

Quote Reply
Re: stack hieght [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a chance for me to ask a question-

Wouldn't a lower pedal stack height mean a shorter seat post length?

And wouldn't a shorter seat post mean a lower aero profile. It wouldn't be much but having to raise your seat for thick pedals would bring your butt back up and make you 'bigger' in the wind.

This is one reason why the m2racer pedals looked good to me for a road bike, and why I'm afraid to get eggbeaters for my mountain bike (I'm already at the minimum insertion line on that seatpost), a big thick pedal would mean more knee bend at the bottom of the pedal stroke, forcing me to raise my seat- which I can't do.

And which I don't want to do on my road or tri bike because it makes me bigger in the wind.

Or maybe I'm wrong, it's happened a few times already today.

"Nobody gets out of here alive."
Quote Reply