Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

spinergy xaero carbon ss
Quote | Reply
anyone have any experience with these wheels.??? i've heard the PBO spokes are less aero? i would lean towards the bladed steel spokes? any feedback would be great? what wheel does steve larson rock (tillium, or carbon ss)??? thanks. LUKE
Quote Reply
Re: spinergy xaero carbon ss [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Luke, I just ordered some of these wheels to try. Spinergy told me it would be 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: spinergy xaero carbon ss [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tom, which ones did you order? what spokes? i've checked them out (haven't ridden them though) and they seem like a nice wheel for a good price...
Quote Reply
Re: spinergy xaero carbon ss [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally had the chance to get out on the production Carbon SS wheels this weekend.We have been riding protoype Tiliums for a while.We should finally have production Tiliums in the next couple weeks. The Carbon SS wheels are sweet regardless of price. 43 mm carbon rim, U.S. made hubs with alloy casette body and wheelsmith bladed spokes with hidden nipples. Hand built here in Carlsbad. Lighter and stiffer than Krysirium, way more aero. Similar to Zipp 303/404 except they retail for $799/pair!! I did the Swamis ride on Saturday. Local hammer session group ride. I have done this ride about every saturday for the last two years. Its about 55 miles from door to door for me. The wheels felt very fast and very stiff when out of the saddle sprinting and climbing. One guy came up from behind me on a climb and commented "those wheels are stiff, they dont move at all" Upon arriving home and climbing off my bike I noticed that my back was tight. I know that I am getting older but that never happens to me. I realized I had never ridden steel spoked wheels on the swamis ride. When I test competitors wheels I usually do it on solo rides so I can concentrate on the wheels not the group. To me that is the advantage of the Tiliums over the Carbon SS. The PBO spokes definitely dampen out the road vibration and reduce rider fatigue. For me starting the run fresher in a tri is a huge benefit. Whether its worth $200 is up to the individual. Either way I dont think you can go wrong, both wheelsets are hundreds less than the competition and with the Tilium you get a technology that no one else can ever offer, its patented. Let me know if you need any more info.
Quote Reply