Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ski race on waxless?
Quote | Reply
I have some nice-ish RCS crown race skis that I mostly use for knocking around. I was looking at te forecast for the Ottawa marathon saturday and it looks like tilled re-frozen snow, rained on, with fresh snow on top a few degrees above freezing.

I can roll the dice on something like universal klister or use my slow but reliable waxless.

Any thoughts? I'm in a wax panic already.

I should add, mine are fish scales, not the newer technology
Last edited by: jroden: Feb 9, 19 11:16
Quote Reply
Re: ski race on waxless? [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its still a week away, don't panic yet. I love my RCS crown race skis for days like you describe when training but if I was racing I would likely try and get the wax, this case klister right. In cross-country skiing the winner of many of the big races are the athletes with the best waxing for the snow conditions. Hopefully you can get a quick warm-up ski on the trails race morning and test both sets of skis and then make the decision.
Quote Reply
Re: ski race on waxless? [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's kind of the direction I'm leaning. This race is a point-to-point so you have to make up your mind early in the morning and get on the bus and roll the dice. I guess it's that part that stressing me out a little bit.

Maybe universal klister will finally be there right wax for once in my life. What an ironic name that stuff has.
Quote Reply
Re: ski race on waxless? [driver_ian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So glad I didn't follow through on that stupid idea. Blue extra work fine until it didn't so I threw a little Violet special on the last 10K. Gatineau loppet is an amazing race
Quote Reply