Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

simple Zwift question.........
Quote | Reply
I noticed when using Zwift at the beginning of a ride or race....when you are sitting there warming up on the virtual trainer with the group prior to the start that my avatar guy stops and puts his foot down every 2-3 seconds while really no one elses avatar in the line-up does this. It makes me "think" that I could be having a power drop ever 2-3 second.
Is this something normal or could I be having some sort of "drop" every 2-3 seconds? Cadence and HR all seem to keep instant readings with no visual that they are having any drops.

Direto Elite, iphone mirrored to TV.

....also would be nice to have a Zwift "sticky" where we could post and search for these kind of questions/answers for this kind of stuff.
Last edited by: MKirk: Dec 5, 19 12:24
Quote Reply
Re: simple Zwift question......... [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your power show dashes? That would indicate a drop out.

And does it happen during the race? If it's only in the starting coral, who really cares...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My avatar also does this (complete with the clip in / out sound) but never have an issue during the event unless my watts show the "--". I'm on a Kickr / Macbook Air.

KJ
Swim and Triathlon Coach
AllTerrainEndurance.com
KJ@allterrainendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: simple Zwift question......... [swim13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here.

I never hardly see other feet go down as often as mine.

Other complaint is I did a TTT and you couldn't "pedal" after the first corral of teams were let out. So, when I went to start off with my team.......it totally lagged a good 3 seconds. Then I'm literally putting out a 2min PR for power just to catch my team then slowly die the next 45min.

That's infuriating. Now, I personally do think that there is something to it.
Quote Reply
Re: simple Zwift question......... [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
Does your power show dashes? That would indicate a drop out.

In case power doesn't drop long enough to completely be lost (dashes), you can display your power graph (toggled with the G key or graph button) and look for drop outs that way. Not sure if it is available in the corral, but would be available during the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a known issue that cropped up at some point in the last few months. No power drops and no impact on the event, but visually annoying. Zwift is supposedly working on it...
Quote Reply
Re: simple Zwift question......... [Carolina-Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Known issue. Was supposed to be fixed in the last update. (Wasn't) Was even talked about on the Eric Min ride last week. Said it will be fixed soon.
Quote Reply
Re: simple Zwift question......... [Carolina-Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carolina-Mike wrote:
It is a known issue that cropped up at some point in the last few months. No power drops and no impact on the event, but visually annoying. Zwift is supposedly working on it...

Thanks and good to know. I don't care while I'm just sitting there, but if I was having a quick drop while racing every 2-3 second and not aware because I was rolling along.....would explain why I am always slower than the group. I guess it's just me!
Quote Reply