Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: show me your DIMOND [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Define "horizon"

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Define "horizon"

Translation: YES

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In regards to the fork, i was at Eagleman and had the chance to see the dimond, wow what bike. I asked them about the fork: its in the works, but current owners will be given first crack at it! like you i could not get passed the fork, idk weird right. Maybe by 2016 when the new fork comes out my 2014 SC will starting seeming old enough to warrant a upgrade?

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [EricLimkemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my new ride.

My mechanic did a fantastic job of keeping the di2 junction box accessible yet aero.

--------------------------------------------------------
machines don't win races, muscles do.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
In regards to the fork, i was at Eagleman and had the chance to see the dimond, wow what bike. I asked them about the fork: its in the works, but current owners will be given first crack at it! like you i could not get passed the fork, idk weird right. Maybe by 2016 when the new fork comes out my 2014 SC will starting seeming old enough to warrant a upgrade?

We think alike. The fork is a complete turn off for me right now. It's like putting some Kenyan marathon runner's legs on Usain Bolt's body. :-)

It would also be hard to give up the SC draft box and storage options.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's my favorite diamond paint job yet. Very nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

We think alike. The fork is a complete turn off for me right now. It's like putting some Kenyan marathon runner's legs on Usain Bolt's body. :-)

It would also be hard to give up the SC draft box and storage options.

lol, great analogy! Whats that phrase? Great minds think.......
Yea SC Draft box is one of main reason i got the SC! I did also ask the diamond guy about paint, they have a guy near them that can do any custom paint you want (at a fee of course) so big props on this one! Just going to wait for that fork, till then my neon yellow SC will do just fine.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Brytcyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that matte silver? Curious as to how much it shoes dirt/fingerprints, compared to something like the matte white P3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Downsized to a size small?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, still a medium, but adjusted the saddle position to allow for riding 'off the front' comfortably. the bars actually came up and back a bit, which I know is probably a slowtwitch no-no but the tweaks have helped with power and speed as I get back from the wreck in Knoxville.

--------------------------------------------------------
machines don't win races, muscles do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, that DI2 junction box is going to see a lot of sweat. I hope it holds up for you, but salt water and electronics do not mix.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [jsamples53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on these questions. I have a P5/6 and love it but am extremely curious about the Dimond. Is it that much better (i.e. worth the money)? Of course, the weakest part of my P5 (me) would be powering the Dimond as well. Not to mention, SRAM Red vs Ultegra components, Magura brakes vs standard, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan and other aero gurus! I just wanted to check whether the Zipp sub 9 or super 9 would be better for the Dimond since it has no seat stay? Some previous ST discussions favored super 9 for faired seatstays and sub 9 for unfaired, which had me wondering why you and TJ Tollakson prefer the super 9. Both available for my use, both tubulars. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
Hi Jordan and other aero gurus! I just wanted to check whether the Zipp sub 9 or super 9 would be better for the Dimond since it has no seat stay? Some previous ST discussions favored super 9 for faired seatstays and sub 9 for unfaired, which had me wondering why you and TJ Tollakson prefer the super 9. Both available for my use, both tubulars. Thanks!

If was running tubulars, I'd probably opt for the Sub9. But there is no clincher Sub9, which is why I use the Sub9. Of course, one of the other big benefits of the Sub9 is the more vertically compliant ride, which you don't need on a Dimond.

TJ and I both use the Super9 because we're avowed clincher riders. But if that weren't the case, I would *guess* (educated - I hope - guess) say we'd use the Sub9.

The Sub9 disc will probably never get a CC version just because of how it's made. It's an (overly, IMO) complicated process with the bladder molding required for the bulge.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks so much again for all the input. The bike's ready to go! (The rider isn't, but that's a whole different story)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOVE THE PAINTJOB

My Blog - My Tweets - My Strava
My Bikes - CF SLX, 622SLX, O-1.0, AL9.0, 4.3Disc, Slice BI, C60
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [alexneum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Can't take credit for that. Kevin Brooks of Brooks Airbrush studio custom painted it for the first owner, who owns a boutique bike shop in NY. It's really nice! The parts I added on haven't been painted to match - yet :).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stunning Bike - this is exactly how I would set up a Dimond if I could afford one... :(

I'd throw on my current Ventus II, Magura brakes, and Sub-9 / 808. I would just run a Sram 1x11 drivetrain (ala Rappstar) and lose that Torhans infavour of a regular BTA (horizontal) bottle, as for me that Torhans ruins the beatiful continuous "wing" of the Ventus.

Now if Dimond could just release the frameset with an updated fork, and change that ugly seatpost clamp, I might find the $$$ for one...!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
Awesome! Thanks so much again for all the input. The bike's ready to go! (The rider isn't, but that's a whole different story)

Great looking bike.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to Chris for the persuasion, Brad for the patience and Ethan for helping Mr Non Mechanic get it together.

Still a few bits to add - Delta 225 rear hydration / Torhans AeroZ up front / TriRig Alpha X bars to declutter the front end (whenever they finally appear!)

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: Jaymz: Aug 11, 15 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow now that you pointed out that fork/frame gap it can't be unseen!

awesome idea with the cervelo fork.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reactions wrote:
wow now that you pointed out that fork/frame gap it can't be unseen!

awesome idea with the cervelo fork.

Just wait until the new fork is released. I don't think it will disappoint.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little late posting but that's because I've been having too much fun riding it!

I love everything about it! Wheeeeeeeeee!

Last edited by: Minicane: Oct 4, 15 18:17
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Minicane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picture is too small

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried a different hosting site..... Better?
Quote Reply

Prev Next