Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: show me your DIMOND [CDNCrono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used an ENVE basebar & 3T stem.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made it from scratch.Used hi-impact plastic.
Will post detailed pics next.
Carries my spare essentials, fone & money.
Used a magnet (small roud piece) as my lock.
Used a magnet as the lock
http://[URL=[url]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/campled/media/IMG_0467.jpg.html][/url][/url]
Last edited by: campled: Feb 8, 17 1:08
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sooooooo.......how much will you be selling those aero frame boxes for??? :)
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since this is a Dimond related question I figured I'd post it here. Anyone use power on resistance rollers? I use Trainerroad on a kickr but want to ride my Dimond a bit indoors as well, hence my question about rollers with a resistance wheel. My plan is to use P1 pedals to monitor power so I can still work with Trainerroad. Any feedback on this plan?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:
Since this is a Dimond related question I figured I'd post it here. Anyone use power on resistance rollers? I use Trainerroad on a kickr but want to ride my Dimond a bit indoors as well, hence my question about rollers with a resistance wheel. My plan is to use P1 pedals to monitor power so I can still work with Trainerroad. Any feedback on this plan?

When you say 'resistance wheel', I assume you mean either rollers, or one of the omni fork mont roller trainers, since a dimond isn't supposed to mounted into any trainer that holds the rear of the frame, power or not.

To answer your question, tons of people use non-erg trainers (including rollers) to do power based workouts using their crank/pedal power meters. They will transmit your power to the trainer road app. Only difference from a kickr is that it will be up to you to make sure you are pushing the numbers that the workout specifies, as opposed to a kickr that will force you to by adjusting the resistance itself.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Canuck! I should have been more clear. I am looking at using a set of rollers I already have but with a fork mount in lieu of my smart trainer so I can ride my Dimond more, since it can't be put into a standard trainer. I'm curious about the feel of using a resistance roller compared to even a fluid trainer. What I find is that rollers are good for form or warm up but not so for intervals or power based sessions. I'm curious if the resistance changes that and makes it a viable option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the feedback sports omnium to use with my dimond (and quarq) and I love it. I'm thinking of selling my kickr because I love the omnium so much.

Strava I Instagram I Team Every Man Jack I PM me for 25% off discount code at everymanjack.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:
Thanks, Canuck! I should have been more clear. I am looking at using a set of rollers I already have but with a fork mount in lieu of my smart trainer so I can ride my Dimond more, since it can't be put into a standard trainer. I'm curious about the feel of using a resistance roller compared to even a fluid trainer. What I find is that rollers are good for form or warm up but not so for intervals or power based sessions. I'm curious if the resistance changes that and makes it a viable option.

I’ve done a lot of TR/Zwift on my Dimond on the InsideRide rollers with the manual resistance control. For sweet spot and higher power intervals, I need to be on resistance setting 2 or I run out of gear, but the ride feel is fine. I use the fork stand ‘cause I have no roller skillz on a tri bike.

That said, I went back to a smart trainer and another bike for indoor sessions because I like erg mode and because I don’t want to corrode my Dimond with all that sweat.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used InsideRide and the Minoura roller that has a similar design to the Omnium. Both provide extremely adequate feel for any type of training. I'm not sure I can recommend the Minoura though, I had trouble with the resistance unit on mine and heard of others that have had trouble as well. Maybe you would have better luck, it's definitely a nice budget option when it is working.

Dimond Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all for the feedback. Bought a resistance roller for my Cycleops set up. Worked well. Glad I did it. Now to find an Omnium for travel...
Quote Reply

Prev Next