Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
sailfish swims & give aways in KONA
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

Jan Sibbersen here, founder and CEO of sailfish. We launched our US business this year and will be headed to Kona next week.

To those of you racing Kona: I have swam this Kona course quite a few times (a little faster than usual in 2018 :-)) and believe I can give you some good advice.

Stay tuned on this thread for more info on our Kona activities, valuable give-aways, including our Rebel Swimskins and sailfish training swims during race week!

Aloha,
Jan & Team sailfish USA
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [sailfish Inc.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff Jan, you always featured in the race coverage. I didn’t realise sailfish was your brand. I hope race week goes well for the business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jan,
Thanks for posting. While I am not going, I certainly will be watching this thread. I love when such great athletes give back to this community.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your notes guys, much appreciated.

I founded the brand in 2007, so this year marks our 15-year anniversary. We're so proud! No outside investors, no venture capital, no nothing. Just organic growth and being close to the community. I still design the wetsuits myself. We've only sold to the European and a couple of other small markets so far.

Now I have a feeling it's time for the USA!

We're also on Insta and will be posting quite a bit from Kona at sailfish_us

Thanks again for your support!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sailfish Inc. wrote:
Thanks for your notes guys, much appreciated.

I founded the brand in 2007, so this year marks our 15-year anniversary. We're so proud! No outside investors, no venture capital, no nothing. Just organic growth and being close to the community. I still design the wetsuits myself. We've only sold to the European and a couple of other small markets so far.

Now I have a feeling it's time for the USA!

We're also on Insta and will be posting quite a bit from Kona at sailfish_us

Thanks again for your support!!

I'm also following closely! I'll be in Kona so I'd love to hear a bit. Recently bought a competitor's wetsuit against the advice of one of your athletes, Adam Feigh, and he was right.

My shoulders are way too restricted, which he told me is not an issue with yours. It's to the point where I swim sleeveless to not give up time to the full sleeves. Definitely looking forward to seeing if this is true one of these days.

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought my sailfish One wetsuit this year and love it. Thanks for bring sailfish to the USA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought you might like to know about a fraudulent website stood up on 6/22/22. Site only contains highly discounted Sailfish items that never ship. Fake city in address. Street is actually a Costco Warehouse. Charges appears on cardholders statements as religious goods out of Hong Kong.

https://www.cycleonline.store/http://
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [Bryan!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads-up.

We sell exclusively through sailfish.com (direct US site us.sailfish.com) in the US, not any other site!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Looking forward to seeing you on the Island.

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to meeting you in Kona. I'm a U.S.-based triathlete, and my boyfriend and I bought some of your products at a race expo in Europe in 2014 (wetsuits, swimskins, etc.) and have been very happy with them. I'm glad to see they are now available to purchase in the U.S.
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your patience guys, here we go:

We'll do 2 practice swims in Kona and we decided to call them FIND THE FISH... because they'll happen in special locations. Swim #1 is on Monday, 10/3 and Swim #2 is on Wednesday 10/5. Both swims start at 7:30. I'll talk about about open water swimming and the specifics of the Kona course. Then we hop in together and swim for 20-30min.

I'll announce the location here later on this coming week. Of course it's not on the Pier.

We'll be giving away lots of cool product, including some Rebel Swimskins to those racing.

See you on the island!
Jan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the new sailfish ultimate and it’s without a doubt the best wetsuit I’ve owned, including bring better than one from a brand used by the GOAT and some of his challengers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sailfish Inc. wrote:
Thanks for your patience guys, here we go:

We'll do 2 practice swims in Kona and we decided to call them FIND THE FISH... because they'll happen in special locations. Swim #1 is on Monday, 10/3 and Swim #2 is on Wednesday 10/5. Both swims start at 7:30. I'll talk about about open water swimming and the specifics of the Kona course. Then we hop in together and swim for 20-30min.

I'll announce the location here later on this coming week. Of course it's not on the Pier.

We'll be giving away lots of cool product, including some Rebel Swimskins to those racing.

See you on the island!
Jan

Waiting for News!!

The 3rd October, I will have no auto :(

But at least the 5th I would joint the meet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are looking forward to it! I still have a Sailfish swimskin I purchased in 2014 at the Ironman France expo and it’s held up great after all these years and with regular use. My boyfriend bought a Sailfish wetsuit the same time and still uses it. We’re looking forward to seeing the newer products. Out of curiosity, will you have wetsuits available for us to try on for size? I’m in the market for a new wetsuit and would love a chance to verify my size in the current Sailfish products…. I may have gained a little bit of weight since 2014…..
Last edited by: Iron Dukie: Sep 25, 22 5:28
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iron Dukie, we won't be bringing wetsuits to Kona, we don't want to kill you by boiling you in a wetsuit :-)
But if you join one of our swims, sure we'll re-confirm sizing for you!

I'll post our practice swim locations for Monday 10/3 and Wednesday 10/5 in Kona here tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sailfish Inc. wrote:
Iron Dukie, we won't be bringing wetsuits to Kona, we don't want to kill you by boiling you in a wetsuit :-)

I'll post our practice swim locations for Monday 10/3 and Wednesday 10/5 in Kona here tomorrow!

Thank you! I have a breakfast on Monday morning to attend at 8:30 in town, but am going to try to make the Wednesday swim as long as I can find transportation (we won't have a rental car as we're staying at the host hotel, but are hoping we can take a taxi or rideshare).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sailfish Inc. wrote:

I owned a Sailfish Attack from 2012 to 2018, and after a wrong switch to other brand model.. I bought a new Sailfish Attack in 2021. Although i couldn't use it this year in IM Klagenfurt neither in Kona...
I wish I could have one of this Swimsuit that looks so good!

Waiting for tomorrow info, i hope that the place is easily accesible from Kailua Town.

Thanks for your products and thanks for organizing this events
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [ivantriker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here we go folks:

The sailfish practice swims & give aways will take place at

HAPUNA BEACH on Monday, 10/3 @ 7:30am (meet), 7:45 in water

WHITE SANDS BEACH *(Kona) on Wednesday, 10/5 @ 7:30am (meet), 7:45 in water
*also called " La'aloa Park" or Magic Sands Beach

You'll spot us on the beach, we have a couple big beach flag with us.

If you can find the time and the transportation, I can tell you it's definitely worth coming. Lots of free stuff, good advice, fun people and an easy swim in most beautiful waters.

See you on the island!
Team sailfish
Last edited by: STConcierge: Sep 28, 22 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for organizing , look forward to both practice swims
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m going to try and make the Wednesday swim. Is the White Sands Beach ~4 miles south of Kailua-Kona? Want to make sure I’m going to the right place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sailfish Inc. wrote:
Here we go folks:

The sailfish practice swims & give aways will take place at

HAPUNA BEACH on Monday, 10/3 @ 7:30am (meet), 7:45 in water

WHITE SANDS BEACH (Kona) on Wednesday, 10/5 @ 7:30am (meet), 7:45 in water

You'll spot us on the beach, we have a couple big beach flag with us.

If you can find the time and the transportation, I can tell you it's definitely worth coming. Lots of free stuff, good advice, fun people and an easy swim in most beautiful waters.

See you on the island!
Team sailfish

I will try to get someone to carry me to Hapuna, if not... I will go to White Sands Beach

If it were White sands the 3rd and hapuna the 5th, i would go to both. But without car thr 3rd... arggghhh
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it is!

White Sands Beach
Google Plus Code:
H2VH+P7 Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, USA
https://www.google.de/...6!16s%2Fg%2F1v5k36k3

Hapuna Beach:
https://www.google.de/...3!16s%2Fg%2F1tjt23z4
Last edited by: sailfish Inc.: Sep 28, 22 8:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jan,

Just wondering what sets you were doing in 2018 leading into Kona.

There are a lot of swim nerds here, you can be as specific as possible.

Good luck, you have great products.
Quote Reply
Re: sailfish swims & give aways in KONA [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whilst I appreciate and also recommend a lot of varity in swim practices, I strongly believe in standardized sets that are being repeated every week and/or other week leading up to your main race of the season.

Some of the sets I would do are listed below:

4-5x 800 Rest 1min base work
8-10x 400 Rest 45 sec base work, sometimes with Pullbuoy & Paddles towards the end
10x200 Rest 1min race pace or a little faster
30x100 Rest 15-20 sec race pace or a little faster

…and so on and so forth.

I would always put great emphasis on consistency throughout the set… i.e. hold you pace to the very last one - which sometimes translates in starting out quite easy…

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i bought my sailfish swimskin last night and swam in it in the ho'ala swim this morning. fabulous product. i swam a LOT faster than i thought i would, and that my swim training indicated i should.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next