Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

running belt + bottle(s)
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about a running belt mostly to haul fluids hands-free. Right now I use a hand-held Nathan bottle and it's great. But my dog is maturing and our runs are getting longer. It's a hassle to hold her lead in one hand and the bottle in the other, especially as she swaps right and left to take in all the smells. So, maybe a belt with a couple of mini bottles on the right and left? Or one of those with a single bigger bottle angled and positioned on the lower back? Any favorites or 'avoid these' kinds of advice? Road running. We're at 3+ miles together and I expect to be at about 5+ miles by next summer, so water will be especially important...BTW, if you look at some Amazon pics of folks wearing the 'two bottle' belts, most have positioned them with the zippered portion on the front. Dorky and uncomfortable looking - I'd wear it with the pocket on the back. No?
Quote Reply
Re: running belt + bottle(s) [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't need any water for even a 10 mile run.
Quote Reply
Re: running belt + bottle(s) [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But my dog does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
But my dog does.

Not sure if serious?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.buddysys.com

You’re welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultimate direction
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My German shepherd hauls his own water and a portable bowl with a doggie backpack. I usually put 3-4 water bottles max in for us. Also holds his poop bags.
Quote Reply
Re: running belt + bottle(s) [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
giorgitd wrote:
But my dog does.

Not sure if serious?

Yep. I'd not be happy to have my dawg without water for a run of 5 miles or more. Remember they only have their breath and tongue to cool themselves. And unlike us they dont know how far they are going so don't go 'Hey I'll have a good drink before i go out'.

To another poster... The mini bottles in a belt. On the front? Yep. I find the belt / bottles don't bounce around as much that way than when at the back, so for me is just more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Naked running band with Nathan bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Fuelbelt, Camelbak and Fitletic hydration systems. I prefer the Fitletic one, as it is most comforrable to run with. I have one that has two 6 oz bottles, but they make belts that hold larger bottles - maybe 8 oz each.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I totally get you're asking about running belts, but I think you would be surprised at how much you would enjoy a hands-free (waist) leash for your running buddy and keeping your handheld bottle. We have had a couple different ones. The EZY Dog Road Runner leash was pretty great for only one dog, but once I had 130 lbs of dog connected to me, I needed something that couldn't be tightened by a really good pull. We're using the Stunt Puppy Stunt Runner now and it's good. It's not very long, so you're dog will have to get good at running next to you.

A Ruffwear Trail Runner could take care of both your bottle, a leash and some bags.
Quote Reply
Re: running belt + bottle(s) [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've thought about this but have been unsure if it would work since Luna tends to want to be on the right and left side of me, alternating based on interest. Will either the EZY or Stunt Puppy slide around your waist to accommodate that kind of motion? And, it's not clear to me - why is the Stunt Puppy better for 2 dogs/big dogs vs the EZY? Does the Stunt Puppy allow two dos leashes to be connected and the EZY only one? The waist attachment could be a winner as Luna tends to run along side of me but behind and in front right to left, too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The way to adjust the fit on the EZY is to pull the same end attached to the dog (at an angle) at the buckle. If the dog gives a good pull at the right angle, it will tighten. Not painfully or anything, just enough that you reach down and take the 1.7 seconds to re-adjust. The piece connected to the dog and the adjustment buckle on the Stunt Runner are separate. The EZY runner is a great length for using with a chest harness. The Stunt Runner is a bit shorter, but the extra length of the coupler makes it okay. The coupler plus the EZY give my two maybe a little more leash than I want them to have if we're not able to run on a sidewalk or path off the road.

I don't wear them very tight, so they rotate well enough left to right. If straight ahead is 12 o'clock, I would say there's comfortable movement between 10 and 2 while moving. Maybe I adjust it a bit and just don't realize it? We have barely missed a day in almost two years, so I don't think about it much. Luna may be different, but if my dogs start getting behind me, it's time to walk. Don't expect something to move 360 degrees so Luna can orbit you.
Quote Reply