Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

rec's for classic P2 or P3
Quote | Reply
Rec's for classic P2/P3

Estimates using Diamondback's Calculator (output similar coordinates with both inseam and current saddle height on roadie) :

Pad Stack 662
Pad Reach 494

I was looking at Vuka bars. Their calculator came up with a 110, +6 deg stem for a 58 classic P3 and 90 or 100, -4 deg with a classic P2.
Quote Reply
Re: rec's for classic P2 or P3 [kissmybuckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....forgot to mention the P2 was a 61
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you trying to nail your fit coordinates based on nothing but an inseam measurement? I don't think that is a good idea.

The P3s were very long/low compared to current frames. Is there some reason why you believe that is optimal for you?
Quote Reply
Re: rec's for classic P2 or P3 [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not using just inseam. Im just saying that the inseam calc and/or the calc based on my current saddle height is very close. Background; I had a roadie then got into tri. It's a Cannondale Super Six Evo (58 cm). Last year I put a forward offset seat post on it and slammed the saddle forward. I was then fit within the constraints of this frame.

My current XY on this bike is also very close to the Diamondback calc. , except I still can't get long enough and I've got about 20 cm of spacers and a ~120mm stem. I'm pretty far forward on the road frame as I don't have enough FC length. The 58 P3 and 61 P2 have very similar reach (within 3 cm I believe). With the P2 being a bit taller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have 20cm of spacers on your road bike, then I'm guessing you don't need a low stack frame like a P3 or even a P2. So most large frames should work fine. What's your height and inseam?

Figure out your saddle height and setback and the pad height/reach that you believe you'll want. If you get a frame that takes a normal stem, and get an adjustable stem along with some Profile T4+ aluminum bars, you'll have an insane range of adjustment.
Quote Reply
Re: rec's for classic P2 or P3 [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'1.5" with an 35.75" inseam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think you'd fit better on modern tall-stack geometry than an old Cervelo.
Quote Reply