Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
quick race report
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I thought I'd give birth to an other 9 page thread...had an ok swim for me as I usually don't swim well when the water is a bit rough and swim a high 55'. Ok transition and a pretty good start on the bike, very controled. I had a flat at mile 60 if I remember well and lost 6'30'' there (difference between my time and my computer time) as I could not get the tire off the rim. At around mile 75-80 my tibia started to hurt again which surprised me as it never hurt on the bike. I decided to go on anyway and hope for the best. Still finished with a reasonable time in 18th or 19th place. Got off the bike and the first few steps were really painful. I was hoping that with the cushioning things would be better but it wasn't the case and half a mile further, I decided that it was a lot wiser to stop take 6 weeks off rather than go on risk to have the tibia snap for good and need be a new addition to the ST crew with Ti body parts.

Why did I race with the injury? Because if it hurt I could stop and everything (plane ticket, hotel, entry fees) were already paid. So at least I got to swim and bike. And honestly I thought I could run at least the first half and then walk the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: quick race report [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is great that you even started

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job Francois on the bike. I can relates since I had to stop TWICE for my damn flat on a tubular (first time ever). I wasn't shocked to see you there cheering on the road, but sad none the less. Now go and heal up - still want the bone stim?

Quote | Reply
Take care and no explanations needed.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you toes the line and failed. it is more valiant that you competed. Props to you, sir. Those fucks talking shit are doing so after a bowl of fried chicken and a DSL connection to hide behind.

Good on you for finding out if the leg would or wouldn't hold up.

-zakk

Death Squad Cycling Club
http://www.ridethedeath.com

"Why is that people will drop $2000 on race wheels and a few c-notes for an ugly tattoo and then balk at the race fee?" - Blackie
Quote Reply
Re: quick race report [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take care and no explanations needed.

What Cathy said.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beer and Hooters girls don't care if you DNF!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your injury. Take some rest and have a great next season. I was pulling for you all day and have a ton of respect for you just showing up.

Aloha,

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a lot of repect for you to go out there and race knowing what the outcome could be and being very conversant with your medical status. The fact thatyou had the guts to go out and risk the intense kind of pain that you knew would come is no more or less that I would expect from you. Good on ya, mate.

Pretty big impression you made in the ladies field too ;-)

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes it is great to be able to sit back and see that we are Part of a bigger picture. As the story unfolds so does this race. It is not an ending, only a new beginning. A new awakening. Nice Report.

Push your Passion!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done for trying Francois. Get well soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man love going out to you, Francois.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois,

Now it's time to rest and let your body heal. Be patient. Despite all the crap you get around here, most of us are in your corner and look forward to seeing you race successfully again.

Good luck and take your time.

Sweeney

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your friends and fan club need no explanation, but, we appreciate that you choose to let us know how it went for you. May your in detractors pull themselves deeper into the pit from which they try to pull everyone else (don't know why some people can't seem to understand that trying to bring others down only brings down the mud-slinger). Get well quickly!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Francois,

Congratulations on a very solid effort. Regarding your injury, perhaps you should take 6-9 months off from any IM racing/hard training to allow for that thing to heal completely. If you had that tibia pain on the bike.......never experiencing it before, that might be a sign that your need extended recovery. Just a thought Brother. Myself and many other St'rs wish you the best.

MZM

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With your IMFL showing you just upgraded from smartest man on slowtwitch to smartest person on slowtwitch ; ) Here's to a full recovery.

Pat
Quote Reply
Re: quick race report [Trillini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
With your IMFL showing you just upgraded from smartest man on slowtwitch to smartest person on slowtwitch ; ) Here's to a full recovery.

Pat
Ouch, Pat! May be true, but....OUCH! ;-)

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois hi,
You should be applauded for your courage and great effort during the swim and bike. You miss every shot you don't take and unfortunately this one didn’t work out but I would bet that this experience would help for future races. 55 min swim sound pretty good in my book!

Now rest that darn leg, it deserves some time off.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Francois,

sorry to hear about your misfortune. Guess you'll have plenty time now to concentrate on them DNA microarrays. And if by coincidence you should come up with a brilliant new idea for multi-class classification of tumor samples based on expression profiles let me know, I might be willing to test your ideas on some real world data ;-)

Heal well!
malte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about the leg, Francois. Awesome bike and swim.

Don't let the critics get you down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job for starting. There are other races, hope you had fun anyway.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hope you feel better, who did you hurt your leg to begin with?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to give it a tri, It's better to have tried and DNF then never tri at all.

Now go heal that leg.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: quick race report [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. That is AWESOME!

Francois - you MUST frame that screen shot. Too funny......

Nice race, now rest/fix yourself.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois...

Congratulations. As usual nothing but an inspiration. Go heal up, rest up and have that beautiful wife take care of you. You wouldn,t start if you didn,t know how to gamble. VERY proud of you!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next