Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

question about post race stomach cramps
Quote | Reply
my girlfriend gets stomach cramps after every race. weather it be a sprint tri or her half ironman she just finished in california in 6hrs 32 min (GO V!!!) She drinks plenty of water during the race, I dont know weather it is dehydration pains or an electrolyte balance. does anyone else have the same problem, if so how are you dealing with it?? any help will be appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: question about post race stomach cramps [hmgoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she is not hydrated enuf. the condition is " ischemic bowel". basically, the available fluid volume is shifted to the working muscles. if there is not adequate fluid the bowel gets short changed, and sort of shuts down operations. later, as it reawakens it hurts. the cramps you feel are in loose accordance of the wave-like innervation and motion of the muscular bowel as it awakens and gets going. your GF needs to be drinking more water ALL THE TIME, and in the days before the race - what she drinks during the event is meaningless, in this arena.
Quote Reply
Re: question about post race stomach cramps [t-t-n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttn. thank you for your response. i told her that. but she doesnt listen. now with your response mabey i will convince her!
Quote Reply
Re: question about post race stomach cramps [hmgoy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no problem, hm. well, the issue itself, i mean - convincing a GF to listen to her BF is another matter entirely ( wait till you get married, and then it gets easier, as "the wife" will unfailingly do the OPPOSITE of whatever you suggest, and so you can use reverse tactics. . . . . but i digress). anyway, there is a simple thing she can do here - her pee should be clear like water at every voiding. if it is ever yellow or amber she is underhydrated. i would wager if she could make her pee clear and water colored for a week before an event her problem would be gone. luckily for you both water is free. :)
Quote Reply