Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

putting out more power on rollers vs smart trainer???
Quote | Reply
I have a Cyclops Hammer and Emotion rollers (non smart). I use an SRM on the bike for power.
On the rollers I can hold substantially more power than I can on the Hammer. I actually thought the SRM was a problem and over reading by quite a bit, but it matches the Hammer withing a couple watts when I tested it.
Could it be the heavy flywheel over running my pedal stroke? I am kind of a masher so I can see this. I keep the Emotions on the hardest resistance setting in order to make enough power for Zwift races.
I like having both options and honestly the Zwift races are more fun on the rollers even though I get killed in the sprint at the end. The rollers are MUCH more comfortable to ride than the Hammer too, even with the rocker plate. The Hammer just doesn't feel "right" to me, it seems to take a big surge of power to come over the top of every pedal stroke. I am a long time user of rollers though and maybe my body just prefers them, I've been on the Hammer (and Zwift) for 2 years now.
I'm wondering if anyone else has issues like this........
Quote Reply
Re: putting out more power on rollers vs smart trainer??? [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've noticed similar and not sure if it's in my head or not but making the same power on rollers feels easier vs. a smart trainer... the trainer in my case was a Wahoo KIKR.

I prefer the rollers and I don't use Zwift so no sprints necessary for me.
Quote Reply