Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

positioning questions
Quote | Reply
my girlfriend is just getting into the multisport scene and is looking to do some races this summer. she is on the inflexible side and when she has experiemented(albeit completely unscientifically) with an aggressive aero position, she found it to be uncomfortable. further she rides a standard road geometry bike. with this limited information, would something along the lines of the big slam position be more suitable for her? and also, can someone recommend some of the shorter aero bars out there--i know of the profile jammers--any others?

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Re: positioning questions [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are alot of ways to make someone feel comfortable or uncomfortable in an aero position. One way to make them comfortable would be to take their road position and rotate it about the bottom bracket, only changing the parts of the skeletal system supporting the weight. This should feel similar to a standadrd road position on the legs. The only issue would be looking up with the neck.

One way to make it uncomfortable would be to have someone on their already road set-up bike just lean forward, crushing their lungs into their diaphrams, making it hard to breath, closing their hip angle, etc. This would be accomplished by a novice fitter or a shop who has no idea what they are doing.

A big slam might be appropriate, but it's hard to tell with limited info on her body type. That position requires the rider to be flexable as well, just in a different manner.

tommy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slam, yes, I have used it for the past year and it works very well. You will need to set it up right and remember to drop the saddle height a bit. You can get a 60-80mm stem with maybe 5-10 degrees of rise and a set of small Syntace c2's and that works very well, I use a HED aerobar and Easton carbon 80mm stem (building up) in the slam position on a compact frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if she is riding a standard road geometry and is not very flexible you will need to put a forward seat post on the bike. profile makes one called profile fast forward seat post. it will bring her over the bottom bracket and fell alot better in the aero position.
Quote Reply