Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

polar 710 w/ power meter
Quote | Reply
Any feedback on this. I was thinking about upgrading my HRM and am curious if this may be a good way to go. I am hoping a few of you have experience with the power sensor.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: polar 710 w/ power meter [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got one.

Picked it up for 40% off in Performance Bike's returns room in Chapel Hill...

I got Lactate Thershold tested on a computrainer a few months ago and had power meter running at the same time just to see how far off or close watts reading were. watts reading varied 17-30 watts from what computrainer was reading.

Left/Right pedaling %'s - a very very cheap version of Spinscan

PI% - still don't know what to do with this or how to improve.

There are also alot of settiings that I may need to go back and verify like chain weight.

But for only $159 it's not a bad tool.

Not sure I would bust out $300 for it though. I'd probably but $$ towards a CT or some PCs

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: polar 710 w/ power meter [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the 710 for about 2 and half years and added the power sensor around 8 months ago. Having speed, cadence and HRM all in one unit is great for training however not for racing. When you wear it on your wrist it often looses the speed and cadence reading due to the distance involved. Baiscally I am looking for consistency out of the power unit - if it isn't 100 percent accurate that is fine by me as long as it is inaccurate all the time so I can track apples with apples - I have the same approach with a scale and weight - always use the same scale at the same time of the day. Being able to download sessions is extremly useful. Basically the only other alternative for obvious reasons would be the timex speed and distance with HRM mainly for running. I would then revert to a traditional speed and candence unit on the bike - however would loose the convenience of being able to store multiple rides and download once a week..

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: polar 710 w/ power meter [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have problems with keeping a reading with the HRM on your wrist try this;

http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/...CForumID7/40.html#10

It tells you how to boost the output on the transmitters. Once you do that there is no problem with dropped signals.
Quote Reply