Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

please help me motivate someone
Quote | Reply
My younger brother is a 17 year old who is "in shape" only due to the naturally high metabolism of youth. I'm concerned that he does nothing to pursue fitness, just kinda relies on his metabolism to appear fit.

I'm convinced that an article or two about the benefits of cardiovascular fitness would get him interested in being somewhat active. He doesn't need to know about losing weight or fighting fat, nor does he need to know how to win an Oly or increase his LT. I just want to show him what you and I already know - that being in shape benefits every other aspect of your life.

Are there any articles, on slowtwitch.com or anywhere else, that have to do with this sort of thing? Do any of you (especially the MDs) have anything I should tell him?

Thanks for your help.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: please help me motivate someone [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's 17? It's all about the chicks. Introduce him to some hot swimmers/runners/cyclists and watch him take to sport like a fish to water!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great question! I've been meaning to post something similar but haven't taken the time. I remember a Runners World article a few years ago that was an excellent summary of the life benefits that come from an active lifestyle. If anyone has a link to that, it would be great to read again. I'm sure there are many others out there.
Quote Reply