Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
please god say i'm right
Quote | Reply
looking at some of the latest race photos i notice a lack of speedo (trade mark) style briefs. looks like the sport is starting to grow up and people are acting like men and wearing shorts. is this true or am i loosing it?

speedos (trade mark) are bad news on so many levels. the only people allowed to wear speedos (trade mark) are aussies and brasilians. the only reason they can wear speedos (trade mark) is they already wear them to weddings and funerals. do brasilians even own pants of any sort?

last gripe. you aussies have gotta stop with the short shorts. dude hot pants are just wrong on guys. lets keep things mid thigh or longer gentlemen.

that is all.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: ultra-poser: Apr 21, 03 6:28
Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta agree. A speedo riding up the butt crack on a guy is not a pretty sight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure on the short shorts thing...lived there...never noticed...

however the big "trail walking like shoes" with big thick warm socks even during the aussie summer,
that looked odd!

I suggest the first thing the aussies should do is to stop pretend vegemite is tasty :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, no. You're completely wrong: We have a special club here. We all wear oh-so-small white speedos with those very large, gold framed sunglasses that fade from dark at the top to light at the bottom. Tinted brown of course. We glue sections of black shag carpeting to our chest and back also. Very convincing. Slick back the hair. A pair of wicker thong sandals and festoon our necks with large gold necklaces including, of course, the Italian horn. A Hong Kong Rolex fully iced-out (I got a deal, $40 on the train from Kowloon to Hong Kong Airport, 100% genuine, worth $40,000), gold of course. To complete the package a 19 year old topless dancer uniformed in a string bikini made of dental floss and postage stamps, complete with new bolt-ons (bought and paid for by the club members). We call this the "Greek Shipping Magnate Triathlon Club". It has been wildly successful. Causes a sensation whereever we go.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom, I saw a Rolex on ebay fitting that very description, are you the seller???

Quote | Reply
Guess since I wear a speedo I'm not cool. Gee, thanks for telling me.

Can't you think of something better to post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many years ago I was in Dubai at the hotel swimming pool with several of my colleagues (all flight crew). There was this huge guy (300+lbs.) on a deck chair wearing these small black speedos, his big belly balanced on top of this dude. In addition he was laying there with his legs spread.

We made several (nasty) comments about his appearance in Dutch and had a blast at his expense.

Don't you know our jaws dropped when after a couple of hours tanning the fat guy got up and wished us a great day in perfect Dutch. It was even worse when I discovered that he was one of my first class passengers later that evening on my flight. ......well you had to be there.

Speedos and my mouth = my downfall

Alex Jonker
Last edited by: Henk J: Apr 20, 03 12:36
Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [Henk J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats awesome :)
Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [Henk J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This man was a member in good standing of our club.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short shorts don't look good on guys?

what about Magnum PI?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude . . . I run in half split short shorts. Quit hatin

I'm a runner pretending to be a Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I´m a proud Brazilian I can´t miss the opportunity to say that in the past, everybody wear speedos for training or racing ( even in US ).... I realize that at the same time the food intake in general was little better.... Now with all those fast foods and all FAT boys coming into our modern age.... IT'S REALLY Ridiculous to wear a speedo carrying extra plus ultra viper fat storages...

Here in Brasil is still common to use speedos to train or to race, or even to go to a beach... Sorry I can't say common... better to say natural.... We can recognize any foreinger on beaches here....

Maybe it's because our population is still in better shape ( and I can tell you that I know that this not gonna be forever because we are start eating really bad !!! )

Regarding the funeral situation... I got too hard.... I feel sorry for your limited view of different cultures..... And just to make this point very clear, we don't use speedos on funerals... We are a country that has a lot of respect, we are very religious, we have happy people and we respect all the other cultures....

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just say NO to man-panties!

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Proud to be wearing Speedos!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a proud speedo wearer. I admit that it looks silly having my bushy tail sticking out, but the women think it's cute seeing a rabbit wearing a speedo.

This, of course, shows lots of fur. Women love guys who are furry.

I also wear short shorts with boat shoes and tight Hawaiian shirts unbuttoned to the navel. This is where my gold rope chain is buried in my fur. I complete this ensemble with my gold Yves St. Laurent glasses (deeeeep-blue fading to clear lenses) and my maximum bling Concord Impressario Chronograph (that I time some events with) along with a pinkine ring by Cartier.

What is wrong with Speedos and short shorts?
Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [Leng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'And just to make this point very clear, we don't use speedos on funerals... We are a country that has a lot of respect, we are very religious, we have happy people and we respect all the other cultures.... '

let us breath together...dep cleansing breaths...in and out...very nice.

i appologize. just being unfunny.

viva brasil!!!

Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Guess since I wear a speedo I'm not cool. Gee, thanks for telling me.'

come on cerveloguy you own a cervelo and train and race, you far cooler than i'll ever be. didn't you notice i was ultra-poser?

and i posted on the day bunnyman comes off vacation. i think it was a success.

Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just say no to Banana Hammocks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does this effect you? Why so judgemental? Are swimmers uncool also? Why is it ok for women to wear a 2 piece swim suits and speedo style suits for men not ok????
One reason I love this sport is becouse it seemed so nonjudgemental compared to some other sports. I like to see all the different body styles out racing. Who cares what they wear. At most local triathlons during the hot months of the summer I'm gussing about 50% of the guys race in a speedo type race suit.
Let me see
Rules:
#1 can't ride an expensive bike unless your one of the top 2-3%
#2 Can't wear a speedo type suit
#3 Can't ride with a disk unless your fast enough that no one can pass you.
#4 Can't wear the jersey or team uniform of your favorite pro
Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Why is it ok for women to wear a 2 piece swim suits and speedo style suits for men not ok???? '

because i'm a sexist pig. because i am a dude. relax for christ sakes. if you can't laugh at speedos (trade mark) then what can you laugh at?

damn ultra-poser gets no love.

Quote Reply
Bizarre athletic fashions [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I am no fan of Speedos, at least they serve a function (support, sleekness). What I want to know is what is up with the flouncy "shorts" favored by American hoopsters?
Quote Reply
Re: Bizarre athletic fashions [skeets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the huge shorts that ameircan baketball players wear are a matter of fashion. basketball is made of largerly african american males. in the us a more baggy style in all forms of dress are worn by african american and latinos. the basketball wear is just an exstion of cultural style.

i ware things kinda of baggy as a throw back to alternative music youth.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're right! Sorry! And those tight Desoto sport type swim/bike/run shorts, Who would wear them, Oh and those shirts that are tight and don't come all the way down to the waist, Whats up with them and , Those one piece suits that are out now, Tell me they are just a fad.
Why can't we wear the oversize swim suits that hang down to your knees, and the big basketball type shorts to run in, of course never forget the xxxlarge shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: please god say i'm right [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this man is on to something. i am calling for full cotton sweat pants and hooded cotton sweat shirts with the string pulled tight to hide our faces. then we should should all ride three speed beach cruises each waying fifty pounds. and for god's sake no team in training people. i say we are too free. i say we should be ashomed of ourselves. we should all be the same! tom d and bunnyman should be our rulers! no freedom!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by dayvic [ In reply to ]
Re: please god say i'm right [David Clinkard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you, david clinkhard, are god! more bling bling to the masses!

Quote Reply

Prev Next