Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

pain/rib/riding
Quote | Reply
I had the following a few times while riding, not sure if it sound familiar to anyone.
After a while on the bike, specially in the aero position, I get some pain in the lower part of the ribs (on the right side) just above the stomach.
if feels like the muscles just where the ribs stop above the stomach cramp.
But the thing is I can't even feel if there are muscles there (or they are small muscles).
Usually, I can massage it (pressure it actually) and it goes away for a while, but it comes back most of the time.
I have that maybe 2-3 times a season...
sounds familiar? any tips?
Quote Reply
Re: pain/rib/riding [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois, this is one of these things that is impossible to diagnos over the net. It could be the diaphram or oblique abdominal muscles where they attach to the ribs. Or it could be something completely different.

If it only comes on while riding aggressive it makes me wonder about bike position. Perhaps you're too low?

Next time you're up this way drop by the office.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
François, tu es la première personne qui a un "point de côté" à vélo (ça arrive plutôt en course à pied, non ???)

Bon, désolé, je suis obligé de plaisanter, car j'ai aucune idée de ce que ça peut être.
Quote Reply
Re: pain/rib/riding [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it happens at any pace...feels very much like a cramp...however, doesn't happen really often...
but I'd be curious to know.
Thing is even when I ride very long, I rarely go close to Ontario! :-)

Diabolo: non, ce n'est pas un point de cote! :-)
ca a l'air d'etre SUR les cotes en fait...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet G.W. Bush is behind it.
Quote Reply
Re: pain/rib/riding [jack m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(with my best De Niro imitation)

"You!, You're funny! You know. You're real funny!"
Quote Reply