Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

opinions on the profile design FC 25&35 aero hydration system
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I'm hoping to hear from a person or 2 about Profile Design FC 25or 35 hydration system.

Is it easy to install?
Is cleaning the bottle easy?
Does having 35 ounces at the front of the bike an issue?

Just your overall opinion.

I ride an old school bike that only has one water cage option.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: opinions on the profile design FC 25&35 aero hydration system [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is back in its box and on its way to an ebay listing.

It sticks out a lot from the front of the stem horizontally. The front of my extensions are angled in. The fc35 just snugly fits against that front point of those extensions leaving no room to get any fingers around the end of the bars.
Quote Reply
Re: opinions on the profile design FC 25&35 aero hydration system [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the fc25. No major issues with it. It’s easiest enough to clean with bottle brushes. The food storage part doesn’t work great as it tends to launch things in there. I have just enough room on handlebars to get my fingers wrapped around bar. The computer mount sits a bit high but works fine and makes it easy to see computer. I’ve looked at other system but nothing seems THAT much better. I’ve used it with no problems for all distances
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like my FC25 but had to work on it a bit. I had to seal up the straw hole and hole where the straw clip mounts because it leaked. I also ditched the bitevalve because it made it too difficult to use. Now it’s great.

Cleaning the bottle itself is easy, but to remove it I have to take the entire thing off, mount and all because it just barely fits between my bars. Not a big deal since I only use it for races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the fc35 for several seasons with no issues. 35 oz of carrying capacity makes a huge difference for me. Doesn't really effect the steering. I use it primarily for races, so don't have to clean too often. There can be a bit of leakage from the straw insert, but its not excessive. Its easy to replace water/gatorade into the bottle while going through an aid station/riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FC35 is great

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: opinions on the profile design FC 25&35 aero hydration system [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flip bracket so it sits lower (unscrew and turn pieces over)
Quote Reply