Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
oh my god!
Quote | Reply
I did it. Pulled the trigger on a custom fit Yaqui Carbo w/dura ace all around me. Wife says, "no new cars for me for five years"! Man o man... I cant believe I am dropping 4500.00 over the internet.

Ves has been responsive and kool to work with. He is sending me a color chart tomorrow. Can I get a vote from all of you on the color next week?

thanks,

rock
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [rock59] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is huge! Screw new cars and buyer remorse. You going to rock with this ride.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!

Ves uses House of Kolor paints (or at least he was doing so last year). You can check out the chips here while you are waiting for the chart:

http://www.hokpaint.com/chips.html

Russ

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That's not a medical test! That's how you hypnotize a chicken!"
Quote Reply
Good on you [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ves is super to work with and congrats. Not sure of the exact color, but he has some killer reds. If you like red you will love Ves. I bought a Chrome Yellow road frame off him on E-bay. I really like that tone of yellow myself.
He offered me some deals I couldn't refuse on some highend parts as well. I can not say enough good things about him and his bikes. G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine's red. "Hound from Hell" red. Looks like highly oxygenated blood. It's fast. Very fast. And if you are a good swimmer, chances are the "Hound" is gaining on you, you can hear it's growl from the Renn disc as it catches you while you struggle to breathe....bwaaHAHAHAHAAA!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New cars?? What? I drive a 1989.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<New cars?? What? I drive a 1989.>>

Would you rather rack a $400.00 department store bike on an Escalade or a $4500.00 bike on the trusty beater (not to insult your ride, seein' how my hoopdee is maybe worth a grand)? Priorities my man, priorities...

Brett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of bike are you up grading from?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would be total pimp if you'd either get midnight blue or sparkle black. Totally hot! Totally sexy, and there are almost no stock tri-bikes that come in that color. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the Black Pearl choices!

-It's not how fast you are , it's how fast you look
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As usual you are correct Gopha but how about really throwing a curve and painting the bike a deep pearl white?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You totally Rock!

A year and a half ago I pulled the trigger on a KM40 w/ Dura Ace... I rode with a chub for a good 3 months.

Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think maybe we are twins who were separated at birth.

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_photo.asp?EVENTID=3713&ID=7390549&FROM=photos&BIB=397
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like a nice orange.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my custom painted carbo last week. Had a grand total of 1 hour of riding it before I raced it on Sunday at Columbia. It was worth every penny. Nothing less than perfect. Felt like I had been riding it for years. I can't say enough good things about the bike and Ves and Vivien. I'll try to post a full picture with the 404's and fork. Got a ton of compliments and people asking me about it. I also love the fact that it feels like one of a kind. You won't be disappointed!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I did it. Pulled the trigger on a custom fit Yaqui Carbo w/dura ace all around me. Wife says, "no new cars for me for five years"!

wow, we might be related as it seems your wife and my wife have a lot in common.

It's funny that I get crap for buying a 100.00 bike seat but I can go to Home Depot and drop a grand and she is happy as pie. If Home Depot strating carrying bikes/parts I would be all set.

Congrats on the bike, I do like the orange like the DL that used to be on the home page.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! Get off my bike! Nice action shot, too! Too bad the people that take pictures in the races I do aren't that creative. Several of them are shots where my feet are out of my shoes because I'm preparing to dismount...not an exciting, creative picture.

Actually, besides my front being an H-3, that picture could be me. You must be about 180 lbs., too, right? Bench press your weight half the number of times as your age, right? We may be twins!

The thing that I like best about my bike, besides the fact I'm no longer hunting for the right spot on the saddle, is I can stay in the aerobars in pretty technical situations...it handles better for me than the other 5 triathlon geometry bike's I've ridden. I think it handles better than most, simply because I'm passing lots of people in curvy spots or turns, because they are sitting up to negotiate...maybe that's partly old bike racer in me, don't know for sure. I do know I stay in the aerobars in spots I wouldn't on the other tri bikes I've owned.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man! I've been eyeing those bad boys for a long time. I bought a new Softride this year, but was seriously considering upping the ante a bit and going for a Yaqui myself. I'm jealous! Enjoy the ride man! And, as Tibbs said, screw new cars! You've got a sweet ride coming to you!
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [Oregondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow my favorite question. What is it about the beam bike that has you considering going back to the triangle bike?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually I weight 160 and don't lift weights. No time, no time.

You are right on about the Carbo. I live in the aerobars. The St Croix course is very technical but I stayed in the bars through most of it (except the notorious "Beast"). Had the 32nd best bike split overall including the 30 odd pros in attendance. Ves be the MAN!
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I'm not considering going back to the triangle bike, although I've only had my Softride for 2 weeks and have only ridden it once because it's been so rainy and dreary up here lately! I love it...by far the most comfortable ride I've ever had. I got some crap from a friend at my LBS who claimed that I'll lose power transfer due to the lack of stiffness and no seat-tube post, but we'll see at our next TT...
Quote Reply
Re: oh my god! [Oregondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard some people say that riding a beam bike settled their pedalling style...in order to quit bouncing, they changed their pedal stroke somewhat, and felt like they became better pedallers. I've never been on a beam bike, but have been curious about them, the Titanflex is a bike I seriously considered, but, without being able to straddle the thing, I just couldn't pull the trigger. I hope you do well on your Time Trial!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've heard the same thing about beam bikes correcting your pedal stroke. I'm not sure how accurate that is and haven't done any research on it, but it kinda makes sense to me...the bounce reminds you to push and pull properly. Regardless, I'm still jealous of your yaqui! Enjoy the ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, twin brother...here's mine:

https://www.birdseyeview.net/...t=50&sortfiles=2

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fast. Team Yaqui rides on. We should get Ves to sponser us.
Quote Reply

Prev Next