Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

newbie's question - aero forks
Quote | Reply
As an aid to recovering from my recent illness I am using an upcoming tag team triathlon as a training goal... I am doing the cycle leg (40kms)!

I have read some posts on roadbikereview.com, which references to this website, that an aero seatpost does not provide an advantage, in fact can be disadvantageous. However, what about aero forks?

I am not building up a tri specific bike yet I am wondering whether swapping out my fork on my Bianchi XL EV2 to say Time Sprint, Reynold Auzo Aero or other aero fork will be beneficial?

Sorry if this question has been answered before.

Quote Reply
Re: newbie's question - aero forks [26inches] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I have read some posts on roadbikereview.com, which references to this website, that an aero seatpost does not provide an advantage, in fact can be disadvantageous. However, what about aero forks? "

John Cobb claims that the aero posts don't work. He tested them in the wind tunnel and they worked great on a bike without a rider but with the rider it was something about the tubulance between the legs. He felt they are actually slower. Jim Martin and John Cobb have tested various forks and feel that an aero fork will be about thirty seconds or so over 40 kms than a standard oval shaped fork. Aero wheels will save about a minute to a minute and a half over this distance according to Cobb and Martin.

You'll probably get the biggest gain on your Bianchi by getting a pair of the "big slam" or identical Profile Jammer GT aero bars and learning about the big slam position.
Quote Reply
Re: newbie's question - aero forks [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to add to the info you can find more about the "big slam" position in the technical articles on this site
once John gets it back and running.
http://www.bicyclesports.com/
Quote Reply