Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal?
Quote | Reply
The following is from an email sent by a friend of mine who is not a BS'er. Anyone else hear about this?

a friend of mine is on the mfg. board with phil white & just met with the UCI....check this out!

The following are now officialy UCI illegal (dont buy)

Giant trinity
Specialized shiv
Cervelo P4

**In review:
Specialized transition

Last edited by: Dave Luscan: Oct 1, 09 15:12
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if that is true, all the more reason to get one of those bikes (well, maybe except the shiv) ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: GregX: Oct 1, 09 15:28
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sentiments exactly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any reasons as to why?
I could see the giant and shiv because of the nose cones.
The P4 because of the water bottle, I guess...(though you could just take the bottle out).
But why is the transition under review?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The following is from an email sent by a friend of mine who is not a BS'er. Anyone else hear about this?

a friend of mine is on the mfg. board with phil white & just met with the UCI....check this out!

Giant trinity
Specialized shiv
Cervelo P4

**In review:
Specialized transition

Well. I won't be buying any of that group for sure but it is not bad news. It levels the playing field. I have not measured a Specialized transition, but it seems that it will join that group also.

Now I just need to know when is the 3:1 seat post for the P3 going to be available.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or you could just put a shiv nosecone/waterbottle on a p3 or p4 hmmm i dunno who is working on that.... ;)
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [ndenezzo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no more information but I would like some as well. Maybe cause the UCI just feels feisty today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My policy is never pass up on an opportunity to bag on the UCI. What a bunch of idiots. We're going to let Fabian win the Tour Prologue, Vuelta prologue, World TT championship and THEN we are going to ban his bike. Same for Menchov, the Giro and his Giant. Only because the Cervelo Test Team did not have any decent TTers can you not add P4 victories to the list.
Oh, wait, Kristin A. won the world's TT on a P4 so there you go.
Idiots.
If it's true.
Do they have any idea how stupid they look?
Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
now officialy UCI illegal (dont buy)

Giant trinity
Specialized shiv
Cervelo P4

**In review:
Specialized transition

YUSSS!! Woo-hoo!!

(i.e. I can't afford a Shiv ... but what about a water reservoir shaped like a nosecone like Team New Zealand's America's cup hull?)
Last edited by: alanw: Oct 1, 09 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UCI = round tube riding blowhards

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [alanw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
now officialy UCI illegal (dont buy)

Giant trinity
Specialized shiv
Cervelo P4

**In review:
Specialized transition

YUSSS!! Woo-hoo!!

(i.e. I can't afford a Shiv ... but what about a water reservoir shaped like a nosecone like Team New Zealand's America's cup hull?)

Lol read the all the posts... im workin on it. Since i could care less about UCI
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any reasons as to why?
I could see the giant and shiv because of the nose cones.
The P4 because of the water bottle, I guess...(though you could just take the bottle out).
But why is the transition under review?
That was my first thought as well.
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It levels the playing field.

LOL! That was darn funny coming from the man who has tried to buy his son, aged ... well, young enough it doesn't matter ... the very fastest equipment possible. Sergio, you seem like a decent guy, but you would not know a level playing field if it landed on your head. The reason this is really good news for you is because now some other guy can't buy his son a Shiv to go faster than a P3.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [draketriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I care unfortunately .. BikeNZ seems to be taking the position of parroting the UCI, even for club nationals. Reckon a water bottle will fly? :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before this thread gets out of control, let me make something clear. This is not, by any means, confimed information. It is a reputable source and I am looking for more info like everyone else who is reading. Not trying to break the story of the day or compete with Finman in any way.
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [alanw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh that sucks probably not the one i am making. because it definitly wont be in the 3:1, but it will fit through the 8x10 box that USAT requires unlike TJ's monstrosity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i hope this is true

because if the UCI gets retarded enough we will start seeing the good bike makers like Specialized, Cervelo, Felt, Giant, etc start making bikes that people who chose not to particpate in UCI goverened events can use =)

i expect to see a P4 with a non uci legal fork NOW

=)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha yeah i wish i had more time to work on the stupid thing. Frickin school. I got back from worlds and was tearing down my bike to get it painted and then it hit me like a ton of bricks... just make a big enough one to store water in it duh lol. So now im working on it haha.
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why I was excited to hear Gary Fsher say he's interested in building non-UCI legal TT bikes since UCI approval doesn't matter to most buyers.

http://www.velonews.com/...on-with-the-mountain
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UCI saw the Water Rover wetsuit and felt they had the same problem on their hand as USAT. Rather than allow a free for all, they are banning technology to level the playing field :-) :-) :-).

Next thing you know, UCI will ban fins because they just might be illegal fairings :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Giant trinity
Specialized shiv
Cervelo P4

**In review:
Specialized transition

Hmmm...of the "uber bikes" currently being raced, the Trek Speed Concept is noticeably absent from that list...hmmm...

...and what about a Transition would need to be "reviewed" that also wouldn't apply to a P3 or a TTX?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: new Giant, Shiv and P4 UCI illegal? [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't part of the new ruling now downsloping top tubes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else see the other great new super bike that is not on the list? Can you say Scott, no nose cone or integrated water bottle, just good old sound engineering. But before you say this is not that great of a bike just remember it took 2 spots in the top 10 at Worlds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wasn't part of the new ruling now downsloping top tubes?

They've already got the horizontal "box" it needs to fit into. WTF do you need to specify the angle of what's inside? ..is that going to extend to road bikes as well, or just TTs?

Oh wait, we're discussing the UCI here...never mind...<rolleyes>

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is true, I would then assume that Giant and Specialized will never bring those bikes to production. Bummer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next