Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

need an answer to this hip/glute/back pain
Quote | Reply
I have been sidelined for almost two years now. First it felt like an ITB issue, then a deep glute/hip issue, now a lower back and glute issue. I've had imaging, which does show anatomic issues, but not the kind that would explain this continual discomfort (sometimes sharp, sometimes achy, sometimes burning, sometimes throbbing). I'm 3 orthos and 4 PTs in with no resolution. With this vague description, can anybody provide any words of wisdom?
Quote Reply
Re: need an answer to this hip/glute/back pain [littlenorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anything in particular bring it On?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on your vague description, it sounds like what I experience periodically. I've had imaging that shows a slightly compressed L5/S1. This sometimes manifests as any number of symptoms from achy lower back to full-on back spasms, pain in my glute, tight hamstring, ITB pain, numbness in the front of the thigh, or any combination of the above. Causes for flare-ups (for me) over the years have included:

- being a little overweight
- not consistently working on core strength
- a hard workout which causes hamstring/glute tightness, which in turn throws my pelvis out of alignment and irritates the nerves
- too much sitting (I don't work a desk job any more, so that has helped a lot)

A few sessions of ART/Graston helps with symptoms, as has a LOT of foam rolling of the legs, glutes, and back. Long-term, maintaining a good weight and core strength, along with diligently stretching and foam rolling after hard workouts seems to keep it at bay most of the time.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
littlenorm wrote:
I have been sidelined for almost two years now. First it felt like an ITB issue, then a deep glute/hip issue, now a lower back and glute issue. I've had imaging, which does show anatomic issues, but not the kind that would explain this continual discomfort (sometimes sharp, sometimes achy, sometimes burning, sometimes throbbing). I'm 3 orthos and 4 PTs in with no resolution. With this vague description, can anybody provide any words of wisdom?

Anything that you do that would cause a leg/hip imbalance - or constantly working one side to death?
Examples are tennis, golf, soccer, speed skating, slalom water-skiing :)

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run on the other side of the road more often. Or on completely flat ground.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More information from you is needed. Where is your pain? When do you get the pain? Constant or intermittent pain? etc.....The more info you can provide the better chance of someone being able to relate or attempt to direct you to the right professional.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how is your pronation and overall foot mechanics?

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply