Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: n00b race wheel question [laughingfarmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of us that use 650C wheels use a 700C latex tube and tuck it inside of itself.

I've been doing that for about 5 or 6 years now.
Quote Reply
Re: n00b race wheel question [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Count yourself lucky then, I've had plenty of issues with them. either the valve closing itself, improper seal, or other issues. It was even more of a PITA with my zipp tubs. Haven't had to use them in the last 15 years though since I stopped road racing, just using trispokes now.

but the point is, if there is an easy way to NOT use them, then why bother with them?

I don't understand the issue with valves closing themselves. Aren't we talking about removable cores that you re-locate to the end of the extenders when you fit them? Surely they are no different than a normal tube, without extenders, when it comes to using the valve? There's no inaccessible valve involved.
Am I misunderstanding something?

Personally, I've only been using deep section wheels for a couple of years and the original tubes and extenders are still in there. I haven't touched them since I fitted them (I've been fortunate enough not to have any punctures). No problems.
They're Vittoria tubes which I fitted with the extenders that came with the wheels (Swiss Side Hadrons) and I used some PTFE tape.
Last edited by: Ai_1: Feb 20, 18 3:57
Quote Reply
Re: n00b race wheel question [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you are misunderstanding.

They are talking about a valve closing inside of a simple valve extender.

Personally, I have never had that happen because I glue the valve's nut in the open position.
Quote Reply

Prev Next