Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

moving waco entry to 2021; allowed?
Quote | Reply
 I am registered for Waco 70.3 this year, but I recently sustained a significant spine injury, so no training/racing for a while. Who knows whether Waco will happen at all this year. In case it does, will Ironman allow transfer of one's entry to the same locale/event, for 2021? Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: moving waco entry to 2021; allowed? [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, I don't think IM allows changes. The old "that's why they sell the insurance" comment isn't that helpful, I know, but...

Now, if Waco is cancelled because of covid, then one option will likely be Waco 2021.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: moving waco entry to 2021; allowed? [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for chiming in. will buy the danged insurance from now on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
docdave1 wrote:
thanks for chiming in. will buy the danged insurance from now on.

Email Ironman and ask rather than taking people's complaints on here as gold. I hear people complain about the company all of the time but they've been nothing but solid in my experience - silent majority? My entry from the original Gulf Coast 70.3 2020 was deferred to the 11/7 race, which I was fine with. Last week I developed a stress fracture in my tibia and will not be running for a good bit of time. I emailed Ironman on Friday night telling them my sad story and today received an email that theyd defer my entry to the 2021 Gulf Coast race in May 2021, which is great. They've received a good bit of my money over the years, so maybe I was treated well because I'm a repeat customer, but it's worth a shot by you.
Quote Reply
Re: moving waco entry to 2021; allowed? [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My reply was not a complaint... It was partially based on my recent experience.

I was registered for Galveston 70.3 scheduled for April 5. This was rescheduled and I choose to move to Augusta 70.3 scheduled for Sept 27, instead of staying with Galveston, now scheduled for Nov 22. Augusta was cancelled last Monday.

The email from the Augusta cancellation gave 10 options, none of which was Galveston or a "If you rescheduled from a previous race, change to your original race event for the next scheduled race."

I sent IM an email asking if I could reschedule to Galveston Nov 22 since Galveston was my original scheduled event. I received a polite email back basically saying, "sorry, we can only offer you what's in the email."

I have no complaints with IM. I'd hate to be in that business right now and I'd prefer for them to survive and continue to provide a ton of options and good races (since I don't know of any real competitors). My plan is to see if Galveston is really going to be held Nov 22 (I'm not hopeful at this time) and if so, register for that race. I'm moving my now Augusta registration to Augusta 2021.

I think it's great that IM let you reschedule.

Last edited by: LEBoyd: Aug 24, 20 12:06
Quote Reply
Re: moving waco entry to 2021; allowed? [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEBoyd wrote:
My reply was not a complaint...

Apologies that my comment came off like I was digging at you specifically - I actually responded prior to reading your post. The general consensus of Slowtwitch is complaints about Ironman - figured I'd speak from direct experience with the company from less than 12 hours ago with the guys exact situation.
Quote Reply
Re: moving waco entry to 2021; allowed? [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, it's cool. I'm one of those old guys that still try to wave and I'm from the south, so I'm waving at everything - trucks, cars, bikes, runners, walkers, dogs, birds, whatever :) I'm okay with people disagreeing with me and with those who have different experiences.

I'm hopeful that your experience will help out DocDave1 and he is able to reschedule also.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was registered for the full. I originally took the option to race in October when they changed it. Mid summer I decided I would rather postpone until 2021. If you log into the IM web site there is a communication option for deferrals. I requested it and they granted it no questions asked.

My neighbor simply emailed them and was also granted the deferral no questions asked.

I think with COVID things are just different this year.
Quote Reply
Re: moving waco entry to 2021; allowed? [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@wcb - can you point me to where you log in on the website (or where the deferral request email is)? I'm having trouble finding it.

Quote Reply