Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

more legal TT helmets to come?
Quote | Reply
I just read this on cyclingnews.com Is there going to be a wave of more legal aero TT helmets available to us? Each team has a helmet sponsor, are the big names going to be joining Lous Garneau and Limar in making TT helmets that are legal to use? This can be interesting... Hardshell helmets in TT

Following confirmation that the mandatory helmet rule will become fully effective for 2004, the UCI also announced during the opening days of competition at the World Championships in Hamilton that hardshell protective helmets will be required in time trial events as well as on the road. Thus far riders have been permitted to use helmets which serve no purpose other than aerodynamics in time trials, but beginning next year rigid, more functional headgear will become mandatory. This rule will apply to both road time trials and timed events on the track such as the pursuit.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: more legal TT helmets to come? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Limar make an approved helmet? The Limar Crono looks more like a fairing. I thought LG was the only one who did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: more legal TT helmets to come? [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Limar TT helmet

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Last edited by: jasonogk: Oct 10, 03 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: more legal TT helmets to come? [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the link to that site? What's up with those HUGE vents on the front. Nothing a little tape can't fix...

I wonder if they'll incorporate an integrated face shield to it in the future...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: more legal TT helmets to come? [muppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the site - Limar's US Importer:

http://www.trialtir-usa.com/...ainlimar-new-tt.html

They're listing an availability date of October '03 - different from the March 03 date in the above message. I get the feeling that this is a a product that Limar has been keeping "in their hip pocket" just in case the UCI decided to rule this way.

Yeah, I think that everyone is going to try to come out with a protective helmet. Many will simply be aero vacuum-formed shapes on the outside of an existing foam frame. I'd imagine that the manufacturers will base them on some of their cheaper helmets, as they have fewer vents and generally tend to be thinner.

Here's a short track speedskating helmet that would adapt rather well . . .

http://www.lashelmets.com/pattinaggio2.html
Quote Reply